Bluetooth transmitter and earpods/headphones review

I just picked these up on eBay for 34 bucks, can't wait to try them with the vanquish 440. Thanks for the heads up!

Whenever I hear "zero lag" my bovine scatometer goes off so I had to check these out. They are bluetooth, and are using the FastStream codec, which has a low latency of 40ms, which is the same speed as the APTX LL codec. So, yes indeed, the lag should be effectively un-noticable. Awesome option for anyone wanting to go wireless. Thanks for the heads up.

I just picked these up on eBay for 34 bucks, can't wait to try them with the vanquish 440. Thanks for the heads up!

Report back what you think of them. I couldn't be happier. I even forget they're on until the end of the hunt. Using only one ear bud is why I chose them. I can hear the pinpointer, dogs and people around me.

These look like a great deal. Currently $47.59 on Amazon. I'm leaning toward the Taotronics unit for $36 transmitter only but it uses the aptx LL codec and I think it will give me more flexibility for headphones.

Report back what you think of them. I couldn't be happier. I even forget they're on until the end of the hunt. Using only one ear bud is why I chose them. I can hear the pinpointer, dogs and people around me.
Muddymo thanks again for the heads up. I got these in the mail today. I'll second everything you said. I was a bit worried about lag, but there is absolutely none. So glad to lose the headphone wires.

Any Update on these? Still working ok?

I received the Taotronix unit yesterday and can't get it to pair with my earbuds, will give it another try today and if not, will send back and order these.:no:

Update

Used these a few times and still working great!

Bonus: Although it states that these use the Fast Stream codec, the specs in the owners manual say that the transmitter will also use Aptx LL.:shock:

Has anyone tried this setup on the Equinox 600? Need some wireless headphones/buds and this might be the ticket.

Thanks

Has anyone tried this setup on the Equinox 600? Need some wireless headphones/buds and this might be the ticket.

Thanks

Those posted should work, but are a transmitter & receiver pair, so are more than you really need. The Equinox 600 already has built-in Bluetooth with APTX-LL (low latency.) All you need are headphones with APTX-LL.

These Aukey headphones work well-- looks like maybe out of stock or discontinued tho. Just be sure whatever headphones you get support aptx-ll.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Headphones-AUKEY-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance/dp/B07JY784ZZ

Excellent, thank you!

Those posted should work, but are a transmitter & receiver pair, so are more than you really need. The Equinox 600 already has built-in Bluetooth with APTX-LL (low latency.) All you need are headphones with APTX-LL.

These Aukey headphones work well-- looks like maybe out of stock or discontinued tho. Just be sure whatever headphones you get support aptx-ll.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Headphones-AUKEY-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance/dp/B07JY784ZZ

Never used the technology before. So your saying that the Giveet ones will require both the box and the headphones, while the aukey headphones pair automatically?

Never used the technology before. So your saying that the Giveet ones will require both the box and the headphones, while the aukey headphones pair automatically?

For bluetooth wireless to work, you need a transmitter and a receiver. The Equinoxes already have the transmitter built in. Most any bluetooth headphones should pair up, and would then connect automatically after that first time. To be as audio lag free as possible, the headphones should support APTX-LL.

The Giveet setup is designed so its transmitter (box) sends to its receiver (headphones.) It says it uses "Faststream" bluetooth technology. The Equinox doesn't support Faststream (not documented, anyway) so you'd need to use the box thing, too, which is sort of unnecessarily cumbersome.

However... somebody on here tried some "Faststream" technology headphones, and they (documented? not documented?) also supported APTX-LL, so they actually did work with the Equinox. I don't remember the brand or model.

That said, it's a crapshoot whether or not the Giveet headphones *by themselves* would pair up with the equinox and give the low lag experience. Probably won't, but might.

It's a lot simpler to just get headphones like this (I have no idea if these are any good -- I just did a quick Amazon search) that supports the APTX-LL and should pair up directly to the Equinox, no extra box thingie needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Glazata-Bluetooth-Headphones-Neckbands-Earphones/dp/B08JTH81M2

Hope this helps.

Bump for current information. Got a Nox 800 s'posed to be here today so gettin it outfitted and the stock phones prolly ain't "big goofy hat" compatible.

Just checkin to see if there's any fresh data on what's working good in the b/t earbud dept.

APTX-LL compatibility.
I imagine over-the-ear hooks are prolly good for securing the buds.
Any other features to look for?
Are there currently available, tried & tested type buds someone can suggest?
Thanks.. d:^)

Just checkin to see if there's any fresh data on what's working good in the b/t earbud dept.

APTX-LL compatibility.
I imagine over-the-ear hooks are prolly good for securing the buds.
Any other features to look for?
Are there currently available, tried & tested type buds someone can suggest?
Thanks.. d:^)

Several of us have had good luck with the Aukey B80 I linked towards the top of this thread. They have the ear hooks. Still available, but not the $30ish we paid, and looks like a 3rd party reseller, not the manufacturer.

Go for those or you may need to be the guinea pig for a new brand if no one pipes up... ones with ear hooks and aptx-LL are hard to find. Amazon's search engine is awful, reminds me of a slack-jawed teenager working at a hardware store trying to help you find something.

Go for those or you may need to be the guinea pig for a new brand if no one pipes up... ones with ear hooks and aptx-LL are hard to find. Amazon's search engine is awful, reminds me of a slack-jawed teenager working at a hardware store trying to help you find something.
That's what I saw. There were these. But they're not as secure and the one review I saw that referred to metal detecting (a Nox) said they were very draggy. I'm not overly worried about the price within reason if they work well andain't opposed to a lil guinea piggin if the gang thinks somethin is worth tryin. I got time. Gonna be a bit before I know what all the rackets this thing makes mean anyways. But I know what decent sound is and latency sux for anything besides listenin to music.
It took a long time to get the right buds for my PC. Steely deserves respect of some decent audio. :signals: :cool3:

ETA: Checked with Minelab direct and they say B/T Ver 4.2 or higher, to include 5.0, along with APTX Low latency for best results. Now I'm off to find some truly low drag buds. Apparently there's no real standard. Seems the gamers would be the ones REALLY interested in low drag and reasonable sound quality. Here we go... :yes:

Last edited:
That's what I saw. There were these. But they're not as secure and the one review I saw that referred to metal detecting (a Nox) said they were very draggy.

I looked those over and nowhere saw APTX-LL. They do claim low latency, and somewhere in the fine print I saw 65ms, which is pretty good. APTX-LL claim 40ms lag. Also the low latency can be turned on and off, which seemed like one more thing to have to fiddle with. One of the features of bluetooth 5.0 is supposedly faster A-to-D and D-to-A conversion, I'm guessing that's what they are toggling to get better speed. Off to conserve battery, I guess. I would pass on these -- keep looking -- a website I saw testing headphones barely had any, even BT 5.0, under 100ms unless they had APTX-LL.

Back
Top Bottom