Wisconsin shore of Lake Michigan

JohnnyPhoenix

Read this while enjoying coffee with my wild bird friends...

"Persistent east to northeast winds will increase to 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph later today and tonight. This will cause waves at the lakeshore to build to 6 to 9 feet. The high waves and record high lake levels may cause localized lakeshore flooding and erosion from Sheboygan south to Kenosha. A Lakeshore Flood Advisory is in effect this afternoon through Monday. Also, river mouth flooding is possible on the Sheboygan, Black and Milwaukee rivers at the intersection with Lake Michigan."

Not sure I'd want to be there today, but in the wake of this event could be some interesting hunting if you have access.

That sounds like it'll make for an interesting adventure and shake some stuff up. Able to make it out there?

Soooo, ive been thinking of the east shore, however aren't the beaches managed by WIDNR?

Honestly, I don't know the ownership status of the lakeshore. I assume there is some private ownership, but it could another instance of the state owning up to the "ordinary high water mark" which this year is at record level. If it wasn't a two hour drive, I would consider going even without a metal detector just to see what washed out. Last month a friend sent me a facebook post of an 1880's coin that someone found at Milwaukee beach, though it didn't say what activity they were up to when they found it. Hopefully it was just sitting there and not some MD'er that "didn't know any better".

Back
Top Bottom