Good pick on the beach

bigp2

This is something that happened to me a few time in the past but not recently. I am working what I consider the sweet spot along the tideline with very little to show for an hour walk and finally get a good target and it turned out to be a deep quarter, I always assume that one target means there will be more in the area and this time I was on somting good, every couple steps I would get another target this went on for around 50 feet than went dry. then I work up into the dry sand overlaping say evry 5 feet, the hits kept coming and after about an hour went by I felt I had pick the are dry. The interesting thing is when I looked back on the area all the targets were in an almost perfect half circle starting at the waterline and working back into the dry sand. Im sure some of you have experiance the same thing? Not sure what causes this, any ideas?
Anyway I had over 50 targets in that area with three rings, and a hand full of coins

Attachments

• DSCN5775.jpg
    DSCN5775.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,062
  • DSCN5777.jpg
    DSCN5777.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,001
This has happened to me. Not sure what causes the buildup in targets. Possibly the end of the Sweeper u-turn. Massive waves at that spot. Maybe depositors from a long ago beach party? Hard bottom? Maybe all of the above.

Unless I am mistaken, that is an Air Force ring!
Let me know if you want to sell it, possibly silver:D
Great save:D

It's called grouping , caused by wave and tidal action amongst others.

KOB has it right.
esp if recent strong waves. Why lead sinkers may be a good sign for gold.

Long shore drift is most likely the culprit for the area you found the targets.

NOUN
the movement of material along a coast by waves which approach at an angle to the shore but recede directly away from it.

KOB has it right.
esp if recent strong waves. Why lead sinkers may be a good sign for gold.

Thanks. Most know that sinkers down low on a slope or where it just starts to flatten out is a good sign. Gotta work this area good and slow.

But a rare event is when you find old (white , black , sometimes green ) sinkers up HIGH on the slope ! Soft sand 12"+ deep ALWAYS. This is almost always caused by above average surf accompanied by strong winds. Mother ocean is regurgitating ! Throwing up coins , jewelry , gold , you name it. Open up your detector full throttle and slow WAY down. High tide , nastier weather the better.... HIT IT HARDCORE !!!

Would like to see better pics of the USAF Ring, they have many different varieties over the years. That Crest that I see is more modern and probably from 1970-1980's. Very cool all the same, Congrats.

Sweet hunt! I've never hit anything like that on the beach, but I've had coin spills on land where I've found a half dozen coins in pretty much the same spot...

Would like to see better pics of the USAF Ring, they have many different varieties over the years. That Crest that I see is more modern and probably from 1970-1980's. Very cool all the same, Congrats.
Additional pictures of AF ring, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN5779.jpg
    DSCN5779.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCN5780.jpg
    DSCN5780.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN5781.jpg
    DSCN5781.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 350
That's a very unique ring and much older than I thought. The aircraft on the side is a Convair B-58 Hustler. This aircraft had a short service life. Was considered dangerous to fly and plagued by accidents. The ring was probably a class ring of sorts dating from early 1960s.

Good story about another ring on Worth point, gives some insight as to where they were sold.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/air-force-vietnam-58-hustler-sac-136966258

Back
Top Bottom