Bucket List Coin! Seated Liberty Dime!

Awesome Tim! It’s pretty damn exciting to dig a coin and realize it’s a design you’ve never dug before, it certainly puts some “get up and go” in the tank! Congrats on the first of many...

Awesome Tim! It’s pretty damn exciting to dig a coin and realize it’s a design you’ve never dug before, it certainly puts some “get up and go” in the tank!

It's even better when you think you're digging yet another penny! Weird how clad Rosies ring up at 81 and this seated dime was only a 79 signal.

Did you happen to scan it when it was out of the hole and still come up with 79? If so it might be that “gray-ish” corrosion/patina it has on it that isn’t allowing the TID to be what you would expect. I’ve run across this twice, both Mercs that were NOT worn down but they were BLACK with tarnish. Yours still has almost all of the detail still intact so I wouldn’t imagine it’s a “worn coin” TID situation. Still makes a guy wonder how far off a coin can be though.

Did you happen to scan it when it was out of the hole and still come up with 79?

I just checked it and it's ringing up as an 81 signal! It was about 6 inches down in rocky soil, so maybe that masked it a little bit. I didn't really clean it up, just rinsed the dirt off and patted it dry with paper towel.

I do remember digging up a very thin Barber dime once that rang up in the high 70's, but this coin still has quite a bit of meat on it. Hard to explain...

What ? No in-situ reveal poses ? Sheesk how boring

Here's a still frame from the out of focus video I shot. It's a seated, really! Lol!

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom