1829 Bust dime, and various hunt goodies

That's a nice bunch of really cool old relics, and getting a capped bust is awesome. I'd really like to dig one some day. The tinkler is awesome too! Are tinklers silver or copper usually? Or would it just depend on the tribe and metal that was available.? Thanks for sharing!

Congrats the Capped Bust Dime - ....

Nice diggins Tom. ....

Awesome bust dime! Nice flask and tongue & wreath buckles too!...

thanx for joining in the hunt guys !

...Are tinklers silver or copper usually? Or would it just depend on the tribe and metal that was available.? Thanks for sharing!

Indian Tinkler cones are more of a mid-west rocky mountains sort of thing, if I'm not mistaken. The native Americans would get a hold of whatever metals they could get, from the White man, and fashion these by rolling pieces into cone shapes. And then hanging them, like adornments, that jingled.

They can be made from anything from iron (tin cans that got cut up), to copper, to silver. And I heard of one being found in CA that was made of gold ! That was found up in the Redding/Red Bluff area of northern CA.

I think this qualifies as a hoard and you need to contact the local treasure trove commission and turn these finds over to them, never to be seen again! ;)

All those items pictured could be easily incorporated into a real life history lesson for those interested in the “old days”. Capped is WAY high on my list, actually number one. It’ll be just about impossible to find around here but I never say die, so we’ll see. Thanks for taking us on the journey as usual...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom