Thanksgiving Week Finds - A Piece Of Prohibition History Plus The Other Goodies

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from Thanksgiving week. I was able to get out with some buddies but made a little trip north with my son and did some hunting. (don't worry Tom, I stayed right at the line)

The highlight of the week was a Repeal 18th Amendment pin which was a nice piece of history. It was put out by the Women's Organization for National Prohibition Reform. These are pretty rare from what I researched.

The other finds were a 1923 Australian 3 Pence to go alone with a few other silver coins and a silver ring. I also found 35 wheat pennies, a handful of marbles, a couple tax tokens, and a few other things.

Have a good week.
Jason

Attachments

• BAED8910-E1D6-47EF-A3BE-5DEEE6EEBE23.jpg
    BAED8910-E1D6-47EF-A3BE-5DEEE6EEBE23.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 428
  • 592DE2B4-07EA-4758-9888-F1B0C9113CDC.jpg
    592DE2B4-07EA-4758-9888-F1B0C9113CDC.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_2738.jpg
    IMG_2738.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2768.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
The highlight of the week was a Repeal 18th Amendment pin which was a nice piece of history. It was put out by the Women's Organization for National Prohibition Reform. These are pretty rare from what I researched.

Oh my. That's a keeper!

Nice saves. Scrolling through your photos I saw some marbles but started to get worried, then I saw it: the mower kissed penny! I knew you could do it!

Very nice finds Jam! Love that pin, the 1935 quarter looks to be in great shape! A very nice hunt congrats!

Awesome finds. Love those little three pence coins. I’ve found two over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You had a lot of digging on this report Jason. Love the Repeal Amendment Pin. Congrats On the Silver's including the Three Pence Coin, the Sterling and all the rest. A complete report including the marbles. Trapper

Nice assortment of finds! Looks like you had some fun hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You had a lot of digging on this report Jason. Love the Repeal Amendment Pin. Congrats On the Silver's including the Three Pence Coin, the Sterling and all the rest. A complete report including the marbles. Trapper

Hi Jason. That threepence is silver too, I think

Oh yeah that repeal pin is sweet, almost overshadows the silver, almost. And marbles, Would love to see a group shot on your year end round up. Congrats on the shiny, wheats, tokens and all the other cool digs. You have had a great year Jason with still a couple of weeks to go. Good luck, Mark

Last edited:
Good show as usual. Love the "reveal" of the merc. And the amendment pin is a nice conversation starter shadow box piece !

Good man ! :cool3:
Thanks Tom
Oh my. That's a keeper!
Thanks
Nice saves. Scrolling through your photos I saw some marbles but started to get worried, then I saw it: the mower kissed penny! I knew you could do it!
Haha, yes, got one chopped wheat. Thanks
Really nice group of finds. The 18th Amendment pin is FANTASTIC.
Thank you
Cool pin & other finds, oh & dont forget the marbles. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thanks! Love lot hunting and finding marbles.
Very nice finds!
Thanks
Man, great hunting Jam, amazing pin! I like that stronghold Steve button thingy too!
Thanks! The Stronghold Steve button is from the first jean manufacturer in Los Angeles.
Very nice finds Jam! Love that pin, the 1935 quarter looks to be in great shape! A very nice hunt congrats!
Thank you!
Awesome finds. Love those little three pence coins. I’ve found two over the years.

Thanks! I have now found 3 of them too.
Thanks buddy!
Nice assortment of finds! Looks like you had some fun hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks
Hi Jason. That threepence is silver too, I think

Thanks and yes it is silver.
What everyone else said ! The Three Pence is silver and your photos are great .
Congratulations on some more great hunting !
Thanks
Oh yeah that repeal pin is sweet, almost overshadows the silver, almost. And marbles, Would love to see a group shot on your year end round up. Congrats on the shiny, wheats, tokens and all the other cool digs. You have had a great year Jason with still a couple of weeks to go. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! I usually make a year end post at the beginning on January. It has been my second worst silver year so far since I started 9 years ago, but have found some cool stuff.

Congrats on finding more quality finds! I’ve been out in LA quite a bit lately for work. SoCal looks like it’s a silver mine! I should grab my detector next time I head out there.:lol:

Nice haul of coins & marbles - congrats, Jason! :detector:
Thank you!
Congrats on finding more quality finds! I’ve been out in LA quite a bit lately for work. SoCal looks like it’s a silver mine! I should grab my detector next time I head out there.:lol:

Thanks! Let me know if you are out this way and bring the detector. It's definitely not easy out here.

Damn Jason I need to start following you around lol.... I've been drawing blanks here lately... Congrats that's all holes you dug :) Looks like it paid off as well :)

Mike K "Ohio"

Back
Top Bottom