Field hunt nets largies and some silver

choppadude

Forum Supporter
A couple friends invited me to hunt with them on a permission they had. A couple good sized cornfields that yielded some large cents and buttons in the past.
I was running my Deus with the 9" coil since my 11 X 13 coil locked up yesterday. Not 5 minutes in, my 9" coil also locks up and does nothing. I have the 11" in the truck but did not want to lock it up also so I just left the remote in my truck and ran the 11" coil from the WS5 headphones. Turned out to be a winning combination! (will be calling the repair center tomorrow)
The very first target I dug was a 1942 Washington quarter. Always nice to see a silver reeded edge but was hoping for something of the seated variety. A good hour passed with nothing but an occasional headstamp or bullet. I decided to move to the field across the road and try my luck.
I hit a couple flat buttons right away and not longer after that I got a good high tone and out pops a 1844 Large cent! Not 10 minutes later and 5 foot from that hole I pop out a nice large copper which at first I though might be a KG but upon getting home and cleaning a bit I found it was a Draped Bust! I can barley see the 17 and not the last 2 numbers but still a keeper!
About an hour later and I am working my way back to my truck and ready to head home. I get a good high tone and dig a plug, I stick my pin pointer in the hole and it sounds off on a couple different targets. I clear 3 cut nail pats from the hole and still have a signal, I pop out a chunk of dirt and staring me in the face is a Seated half dime! Cleaned it up and find its a 1849!
A great day of hunting thanks to the generosity of a friend sharing his spot.

Great hunt, the LC Is a bucket lister for me, not too common here. Congrats Choppa

One very awesome hunt Steve. Not one but two big Coppers and a little Seated for the frosting. Not that the GW does not count. Congrats on a very stellar outing. Trapper

Excellent finds! Hope you get the issue sorted out. I run my Deus just with the ws5’s (no remote) works great with full tones!

Outstanding hunt, Love the old coppers. Still looking for my first seated, AND yes it great to have friends that share, a friend took me to an old spot that has paid off quite well the past couple of weeks. Hope you find more on the return. HH Mark

Great finds, congrats! What do you mean "lock up" ? Do you by chance have a Mi6 and do the coils fail after using it? I am just curious because I have this issue at times.

Wow ... what a fantastic bunch of finds - well done ! :run1:

Now keep going back till you leave with nothing - then go back again !

Good Hunting !

Thanks for all the comment s guys! Got back out there today for a bit and got a 1854 large cent and a few buttons. Enjoying this good weather before the white stuff comes!

Great finds, congrats! What do you mean "lock up" ? Do you by chance have a Mi6 and do the coils fail after using it? I am just curious because I have this issue at times.

By locking up I mean the coil all of a sudden is not recognized and then status light stops blinking and the coil will not charge or do anything. Not an issue with the MI6 since I got it. Always connects with no issue.

Back
Top Bottom