Charging the Nox!

Dan B.

Elite Member
I have been using the USB port on my computer to charge my detector. It seems like it takes a long time. Question ? Will the detector stop charging once it's completely charged.

It will take forever using usb port on your computer.

Best bet is to use a good quality mains charger...like the one that came with your smartphone.

The light will change from red to green when fully charged.

Matt.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Head to Wally world and get one of these.
You can charge multiple devices.
Has higher rated ports and lower rates ports.
Not expensive either.
I use one. Works great.
Charges Nox and Deus. And other stuff I have.
The ports in pic surrouding by the lined box are the higher charge ports, the others lower amperage.
Imise the higher to charge Nox, and lower to charge headphones.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anker-30...5035&wl11=online&wl12=937926711&wl13=&veh=sem

I recommend getting a high capacity charger (aka fast charger) with Qualcom 2.0 or 3.0 tech. Your Nox is compatible with either. I use 2.0 version and it gets my bad boy charged in 4 hrs max - more like an hour to two hours since I rarely use up the whole charge. The one tnsharpshooter linked to should be able to accomplish that as well on the fast-charging ports. Charging via USB computer port takes a really long time.

I recommend getting a high capacity charger (aka fast charger) with Qualcom 2.0 or 3.0 tech. Your Nox is compatible with either. I use 2.0 version and it gets my bad boy charged in 4 hrs max - more like an hour to two hours since I rarely use up the whole charge. The one tnsharpshooter linked to should be able to accomplish that as well on the fast-charging ports. Charging via USB computer port takes a really long time.

Yep.
My Equinox when I received charged up to full charge using device above I listed in 3 hours 45 minutes.

This is what others got too it seems using 2-2.1a rated chargers.
And after use expect a charge time of 1- 2 hours depending on use.

Use one of those older usb versions you can easily double to quadruple the time to fully charge.

I use my Samsung tablet wall charger. 5V at 2 amps. It charges the Equinox from almost dead to full in less than 4 hours.

Attachments

• 4446CEEF-C879-4155-8808-81F275995C25.jpg
    4446CEEF-C879-4155-8808-81F275995C25.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 210
I use my Samsung tablet wall charger. 5V at 2 amps. It charges the Equinox from almost dead to full in less than 4 hours.

One of the young guys at work gave me that exact charger last night. Thank you for your post this makes me feel more comfortable using this charger.

From what documentation I received from Minelab:

USB charger with a minimum capacity of 2A @ +5V will give you a full charge in less than 4 hours..

An accessory USB charger (plugs into car outlets for example) with a minimum capacity of 2A @ +5V will give you a full charge in less than 4 hours..

A standard USB2 power on outlet on your PC / Laptop usually only has a max capacity of 0.5A @ +5V will give you a full charge in roughly 18 hours... (18!)

Do not use a mid capacity USB charger, for example, using a reputable and certified USB charger (Apple or Samsung) rated at 1A #+5V the charger will typically engage it's thermal protection safety functions and automatically shut down... the MD may NOT fully charge.

Personally, I use an in house USB charger of 2A and in car USB charger plug at the same capacity. I plug the MD in the car at the end of the day and it's usually recharged by the time I get home (depending how far I venture that day)..

Cheers

I use a power bank like this to charge my Equinox. It can recharge both the detector and headphones 4x before it needs to be recharged. Seems to charge quicker than a AC adapter.
If I leave it in the sun, it takes about 5 days to recharge from 1 bar to 4.
In a pinch, I can even strap it under the arm cuff to power the Nox. Also very useful for charging phones, tablets and extra power when camping too. :grin:

Attachments

• Fotor_154000102012079.jpg
    Fotor_154000102012079.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom