Garrett's Had A Nose For Silver Today!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

My buddy and I headed out to a place we called called "Lock Lake".....a busy place it was in the early 1900's. We hunted the water, the beach and surrounding woods.

Here's the finds for the day. Most items were found in the woods at about 5-8 inches.

oct19c.jpg

We did manage to get 5 silver coins. The AT machines give a nice soft high tone with VDI's in the 80's, although the MAX id'd 2 of them in the high 70's. I suspect the reason being was the oxides which had formed on both silver and copper had altered their conductivity. But.....the signals soft, very stable and reading 3"+ was a reason to dig them. The conductivity was also confirmed as either silver or copper using the iron audio as a backup form of audio discrimination.

The Pulse induction detectors were were pulling items such as bobby pins and rusted bits of iron at depths of up to 14 inches. I did manage to get one coin out of the water, a 1979 clad quarter at around 8 inches. Lock lake has been hunted hard for the past 25 years, and the water is very eutrophic, to the point where nobody would even think of swimming in there today.

And, got my "best day" prospecting the other day! I have been taking time off from work due to the fact that the river is so low......opening prime gravel bars for gold.

I just love it that you get out in all weather and seasons and PRODUCE! Love the flour gold, Love the Fossils and bones and whatnot, Love the general purpose MD findings! Love the posts and pics of your time afield! Even the Chickadees and Hot pink boots! :laughing:

A true all weather and year round Explorer and hunter! Yeah! You go there John!:clapping:

Back
Top Bottom