Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 05:05 PM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by SoOregonMd View post
wow it was there yesterday lol

someone must of got wind of it being quoted here and the FL or PA guy said "I will show them" and deleted it
Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Possibly. Or someone questioned my having been time-outed. Which would constitute "questioning the mod's". Which would lead to immediate deletion, ban, etc... Who knows ?
Come on guys! It's their forum to run as they see fit.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:06 PM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by Foragist View post
Welcome to "The Friendly" FreeBirdTim! We have great moderators here(even the "agent") Don't put 'em to the test. Mud-Puppy does that enough for all of us.
Hey! I resemble that remark!!

Old 10-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by SoOregonMd View post
that would be long range locater voodoo magic..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 10-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Elite Member

The mods are way too heavy handed and bias over there.

XP Deus Minelab Equinox Silver Totals-Spanish 16-Capped Bust 1-Seated 40-Oldest-Late 1600s Cobs-Louis XIV 4 Sols-Cut Pine Tree Shilling- Oldest US-1830 Bust Dime-Best Finds-1852 Gold $1-Silver Pomander circa 1700

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View post
Come on guys! It's their forum to run as they see fit.
I disagree. Forums should be a place for people to freely voice their opinions (either pro or con) on any subject discussed there. If someone claims they found lost Civil War gold, then show me the money! If you don't, then posters should be allowed to question the authenticity of that claim.

Censoring posts because they have the nerve to question an obviously bogus claim is ridiculous. As they say, talk is cheap and actions speak for themselves. You found treasure? Fantastic, then let's see it! Seems simple enough to me.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:24 PM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View post
I disagree. Forums should be a place for people to freely voice their opinions (either pro or con) on any subject discussed there. If someone claims they found lost Civil War gold, then show me the money! If you don't, then posters should be allowed to question the authenticity of that claim.

Censoring posts because they have the nerve to question an obviously bogus claim is ridiculous. As they say, talk is cheap and actions speak for themselves. You found treasure? Fantastic, then let's see it! Seems simple enough to me.
As has been stated, we will not discuss issues that happened on other forums.

FreeBirdTim, I look forward to your posts here at FMDF!

Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View post
... It's their forum to run as they see fit.
Yes. So true. And THAT, they do.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Administrator

This is not true.. this forum is privately owned and we deem what is acceptable and what is not and we expect our members to follow the rules of the forum.

We allowed the mention of what happened on another forum but as Ron has said its over now and time to move onto a new topic.

We have our limits and it has been reached on this subject.. The discussion is finished about that other forum.

Feel free to start another thread about that gold story.. its time to move on how other forums moderate their forums.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=8

Banned Spammers 784

Last edited by Cfmct; 10-12-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
This is not true.. this forum is privately owned and we deem what is acceptable and what is not and we expect our members to follow the rules of the forum.

We allowed the mention of what happened on another forum but as Ron has said its over now and time to move onto a new topic.

We have our limits and it has been reached on this subject.. The discussion is finished about that other forum.

Feel free to start another thread about that gold story.. its time to move on how other forums moderate their forums.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=8
Thank you.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:49 PM

Tom, you are correct. Insinuating that the mods over there are favoring someone is immediate grounds for a vacation. They like to play favorites, but don't want to admit it. The mod from PA is good buddies with the guy who claims to have found the Civil War gold, so he spends all his time defending this outlandish "the FBI stole my gold" claim.

Oh well, life goes on. I'll keep posting videos every once in awhile and show off some of my better finds here on a semi-regular basis. That should appease my need to brag about my treasure hunting finds! LOL!
Welcome! Hey I want to brag to, but have to find something to brag about. Still trying and not giving up.

1 members found this post helpful.