Drive up Food ?

RwP

Has anyone seen facts on take out food? Say you get a hamburger ect do you need to think about the workers preparing and packaging your food. I sure don't want to be to paranoid over this but something I have thought about. I'm not one that has used this service very often.

Has anyone seen facts on take out food? Say you get a hamburger ect do you need to think about the workers preparing and packaging your food. I sure don't want to be to paranoid over this but something I have thought about. I'm not one that has used this service very often.

I have thought about it, too. I travel through Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. Honestly had this same concern when i went trhough McD's today. I rarely eat anything thing there, but everyone was wearing gloves. This gave me a better feeling about the safety of their food, how it dosen't improve the taste. Lol

I've been thinking about it too..

Pizza might be slightly safe, comes out of an oven, gets cut while hot, and into a box with a spatula..

In some ways, not catching this is luck..

The only way gloves help is is if the person is regularly changing them because they're unable to wash their hands. (Yes, they need to be wearing them if they have open cuts or sores, but that's a different matter.) I've noticed that the sandwich shop Subway trains their employees to routinely change gloves. Wearing the same gloves for hours on end is just a show. So, the gloves don't mean much to me because I assume they aren't getting regularly changed. I'd rather know they're washing their hands every 30 minutes unless they've already changed them in the past 30 minutes because they've touched a surface subject to contamination.

I've been thinking about it too..

Pizza might be slightly safe, comes out of an oven, gets cut while hot, and into a box with a spatula..

In some ways, not catching this is luck..

On the news it recommended even IF the take home/delivery food is still hot still microwave it to be on the safe side and also remove it from the containers it came in to your own dishes first.

I dont trust fast food workers even without the virus nor the ingredients. The burger place in town that is always packed put me over the edge. I went in about 4 years ago and watched as the not so attractive lady prepared what was going to be my burger. I saw the sweat drip from her brow into the deep frying she was dunking my fries in and then watched the grill sizzle as it then dripped onto it while she was cooking my burger. I turned and just walked out. I am thankful to have a wife that loves to make home cooked meals. Prep meals at home during this time at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont trust fast food workers even without the virus nor the ingredients. The burger place in town that is always packed put me over the edge. I went in about 4 years ago and watched as the not so attractive lady prepared what was going to be my burger. I saw the sweat drip from her brow into the deep frying she was dunking my fries in and then watched the grill sizzle as it then dripped onto it while she was cooking my burger. I turned and just walked out. I am thankful to have a wife that loves to make home cooked meals. Prep meals at home during this time at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were never big on getting fast food real often, every so often get Subway subs or "Burger King" but my wife says for now with what's going on she is content to stick with us just having home cooked meals all the time for now.

(I don't mind either and I do the cooking :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom