Placed in quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarsonChris

Elite Member
My girlfriend and I have been asked to self quarantine until next Friday. 14 days from the time she exhibited illness. Very few test kits available in Carson City so she only met 2 of the 3 criteria they are using before they will do the Covid test.

This on the day I got my travel scoop handle from Sito. Bummed, no digging for a bit.

My girlfriend and I have been asked to self quarantine until next Friday. 14 days from the time she exhibited illness. Very few test kits available in Carson City so she only met 2 of the 3 criteria they are using before they will do the Covid test.

This on the day I got my travel scoop handle from Sito. Bummed, no digging for a bit.

Good luck and take care, but i would sneak out to secluded parks, you should be able to do that and safely stay 100 ft away from people. Fresh air probably wont hurt!

Darn !!

Hope everything turns out good for you both !
I'm about to get laid off temporarily. Unemployment then maybe hit the detecting scene so I'm just out in the fresh air and not too close to others.
Best wishes to everybody !!
Marty

Stay your butt inside like they told you to. They aren’t sure how long that virus can stay in the air and are now saying up to 3 hours. So dont risk other people’s lives when it’s only a short time.

Hope you both do very well and have the food and supplies you need for two weeks or relatives who can drop some off on your front porch, ring the doorbell and leave before you open the door.

When this is all over and done with, at the end, I'll bet that we can probably count on a single hand's fingers for the number of people who got "prison time" for not staying in their house. And have several fingers left over.

Always the rule breaker!

Yeah it wont work if the community puts a Scarlet letter on you, or the Feds repeal HIPAA. Short of that not sure how you would get caught, or who would want to catch you.

Lets not read something thats not here, I'm not condoning something that could risk others safety, but, I do my best to make sure I hunt in a secluded part of the park, and rarely get approached, and I`d be more confident, strangers are less likely to approach due to the situations of the last 7 days or so.

Yeah it wont work if the community puts a Scarlet letter on you, or the Feds repeal HIPAA. Short of that not sure how you would get caught, or who would want to catch you.

Lets not read something thats not here, I'm not condoning something that could risk others safety, but, I do my best to make sure I hunt in a secluded part of the park, and rarely get approached, and I`d be more confident, strangers are less likely to approach due to the situations of the last 7 days or so.

Right? I’d be more worried about them approaching me than vice versa. I need to go detecting but it’s been raining all day and suppose to all week. We only have 1 confirmed case here so far and it’s a couple hundred miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard an antimalarial drug is effective in treating it. I heard it on the news last night, but it is not getting much news coverage.

.... not sure how you would get caught, or who would want to catch you....

Well that's easy : They have Navy seal commandos that wait outside your door. Waiting to take you to jail for leaving your house to check your mail box, etc... As the imminent risk of the link hinted at. Hey, but Bubba isn't such a bad-cell-mate after all, eh ? :laughing:

When this is all over and done with, at the end, I'll bet that we can probably count on a single hand's fingers for the number of people who got "prison time" for not staying in their house. And have several fingers left over.
and how many hands would it take to count the number of people that died because somebody didnt

and how many hands would it take to count the number of people that died because somebody didnt

Exactly, if you see me out... stay away from me for both our protection. I avoid people. I can’t cough on you and you can’t cough on me if you don’t follow me into the field of the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the young people and the ones that think oh this won’t hurt if I just do so and so and aren’t scared of this !!!!. But for me and others like me who are older and have compromised immune systems (stem cell transplant) this is more scarier then you can ever imagine. If I get it I’m as good as dead.

And this too, is a statistic that will certainly bear out the immanency on prison ? :?:

Again, not down-playing "staying quarantined" or "how much risk of-catching something that'll-kill you" (although the statistics show that you're more-likely to die in a car accident or drowning, at present ?). Just questioning the fear-of-imminent prison for stepping outside.

Any time there is list of *potential* consequences for various infractions (jay-walking, or having a detector in your trunk while driving through a national park), there will *always* be some "worst-case-scenario" jail-sentence (eg.: confiscated houses, etc....) that are spilled out as "consequences that are sure-to-befall you". Yet when you ask around for examples of such end-results ...... it tends to be the sound of crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom