• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Getting a new machine and no it’s NOT an equinox!

Coinboy

Elite Member
I’m 99% sure I’m gonna be putting my money in a Fisher F19. They seem perfect for the kind of hunting I like to do, old trashy houses and homesteads. Plus I don’t like getting the same thing as everyone else! I think I’m going to get the 11 inch biaxial coil then maybe a nel snake and detech ultimate 13. Can’t wait to find some old relics!

That's why I bought a Tarsacci. Works great for me, although I finally gave in and bought a Minelab E-Trac a couple months ago...price was great...

"Plus I don’t like getting the same thing as everyone else!"

I don't understand this contrarian logic at all. "I don't care if it's the best product on planet Earth, everyone else is buying it, so I won't." Nonsensical to me.

"Plus I don’t like getting the same thing as everyone else!"

I don't understand this contrarian logic at all. "I don't care if it's the best product on planet Earth, everyone else is buying it, so I won't." Nonsensical to me.

I like to try different things that not many people have so I can form my own opinion instead of having everyone else form one for me.

I like to try different things that not many people have so I can form my own opinion instead of having everyone else form one for me.
The Equinox pretty much speaks for itself. Who cares what others have or say. It out performs most if ya understand it!!

The Equinox pretty much speaks for itself. Who cares what others have or say. It out performs most if ya understand it!!

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to hate on the Nox or anything I’m sure it’s a great machine I just think it’s funny how EVERYBODY is getting one nowadays and the other detectors aren’t getting much love!

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to hate on the Nox or anything I’m sure it’s a great machine I just think it’s funny how EVERYBODY is getting one nowadays and the other detectors aren’t getting much love!

I've got an f19 and really like it. The stock coil was my favorite and I had many coils for it. I found a lot with it and I still like it but... although a good machine along with a ton of other good machines out there the Equinox is simply better than a good machine. You'll for sure find stuff with the f19...or would you rather give yourself a chance to find more? That's why they're so popular. Good luck and HH!

Because they work extremely well. That's why. If you see so many people buying 1- 2 of them its quite obvious as to why.

I've got an f19 and really like it. The stock coil was my favorite and I had many coils for it. I found a lot with it and I still like it but... although a good machine along with a ton of other good machines out there the Equinox is simply better than a good machine. You'll for sure find stuff with the f19...or would you rather give yourself a chance to find more? That's why they're so popular. Good luck and HH!

The other thing is I can’t afford an equinox, even a 600. I’m on a kids budget

There's just as many dissatisfied people with the nox as satisfied, from build quality failure to operational failures it's far from perfect. Imo you did good for taking the road less traveled.

The Fisher F19/Teknetics G2+/Time Ranger Pro are outstanding relic detectors in thick iron or for just normal relic hunting. Personally however, I think I would prefer to coin and jewelry hunt with your Simplex. And the Simplex wins for waterproofed and wireless operation too. My testing of them head to head was about equal for sensitivity to small targets, target ID accuracy and depth.

The discrimination mode on the F19/G2+/TRP is fine except for the lack of multiple tones like there are in Park 1 and Park 2 on the Simplex. I have owned both so these are not unfounded opinions. They would make a good combo. The threshold based all metal mode on the F19/G2+/TRP is as good as it gets in my opinion. That is why they are great gold prospecting detectors too which is what they were originally designed for = Fisher Gold Bug, Gold Bug DP and Gold Bug Pro.

If the F19/G2+/TRP had at least three tone audio in discrimination mode they would be incredible all around detectors and a lot more people would own them for sure. I love the virtually EMI proof 19 kHz operating frequency.

As most know there is no perfect detector. Very few use their detector as a tool, they use it for pleasure. Finding which one makes you enjoy the hobby is the most important thing. I can afford any detector and had a nox 800 but didn't like USING it so I sold it. CB look for a used F19/Teknetics G2+/Time Ranger Pro at a good price, if you don't like it you can resale it and not lose any money. Let us know what you think of it. HH

The Fisher F19/Teknetics G2+/Time Ranger Pro are outstanding relic detectors in thick iron or for just normal relic hunting. Personally however, I think I would prefer to coin and jewelry hunt with your Simplex. And the Simplex wins for waterproofed and wireless operation too. My testing of them head to head was about equal for sensitivity to small targets, target ID accuracy and depth.

The discrimination mode on the F19/G2+/TRP is fine except for the lack of multiple tones like there are in Park 1 and Park 2 on the Simplex. I have owned both so these are not unfounded opinions. They would make a good combo. The threshold based all metal mode on the F19/G2+/TRP is as good as it gets in my opinion. That is why they are great gold prospecting detectors too which is what they were originally designed for = Fisher Gold Bug, Gold Bug DP and Gold Bug Pro.

If the F19/G2+/TRP had at least three tone audio in discrimination mode they would be incredible all around detectors and a lot more people would own them for sure. I love the virtually EMI proof 19 kHz operating frequency.

Relic hunting iron infested old homesites and maybe the occasional trashy park is what I will be doing most of the time. And the resistance to EMI is the main reason I bought one. My simplex went NUTS almost everywhere. I actually really like the vco tone on them too!

Congrats on the new machine. I have heard good things about the F19 especially in high EMI areas. There is nothing wrong with getting a good machine that fits your needs and budget. I used the AT Pro for years and found a ton of good things. Maybe down the road you can find a good deal on a used Equionox and give it a try. Either way I hope you find lots of good stuff! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom