It's just a stupid ring UPDATE! 8-8-17 Ring's owner found. See KHouses Video in comments.

Well said Beest! It is ENTIRELY Kapis fault she lost this ring to an inexperienced interloper! Shes sorta new at this Sport though, so she hasnt learnt all the beachsweeping tricks like you and me...Of course, we would have noticed this guy encroaching on our grid,, and then surruptitiously deployed a handful of Felix's and junker rings off to the side to keep him entertained while we worked the main pay streak...

Its a Win-Win in that regard...That guy is kept busy, goes home with some pennies and junk rings to do a nice post, about his 'once per season beach hunt experience', and Kapi pulls the REAL loot unobstructed...so yeah...on the beach here in season, with a 100 other unethical and etiquettely challenged ignorant coil swingers working, you gotta know these things!...Its entirely Her Fault! Beach detecting 101!...I bet She dont make this same mistake twice! :laughing: We Pros call it 'Scattering Chaff'....

Hell, I've been known to toss out sand encrusted greenie Coinstar rejected nickles, Dimes and Q's, small silver rings, and wheat pennies even, just to give that other guy a good once per season experience to write home about!..What can I say? I'm a good guy I guess....:laughing:

Oh my gosh. I totally should have been collecting the coin star rejected pennies. I've been throwing them away!

Seriously, though, I've considered salting an area with pennies, but most detectorists around here skip them already. As a result, I'd just be salting the area for the next time I came through. And I don't want THAT!

I did once leave a pile (probably 200) of pennies under my car at an elementary school parking lot. I thought it would be fun for some kid to see them when I left. LOL

Skippy

Oh my gosh. I totally should have been collecting the coin star rejected pennies. I've been throwing them away!

Ow man. The tricks done here are going much furter than some rejected pennies.

Here fake finds are spread (toy roman coins and so).
If one finds one, puts it on a detecting forum, the spreader can see that his fake coin is found and what more nice finds are done there also.
And he knows were that was cause he put that recognizable fake find there, so he can run to that jackpot next time for a battle hunt.

Another trick is to be someone's hunting buddy for a while. And then if they know your best spots they don't need you anymore and you will find them hunting that spot with several other guy's on their own.

If it was combat detecting, it'd no doubt be very different!

So yeah, it's battle hunting here. It a hunting war on some good spots.
1 other hunter on 25 hunts? Here i know spots were on one hunt 15 others are, and next day 10 other hunters, so 25 on 2 hunts. :D
In good (roman) area's (3x3miles) i at least spot 3-5 other hunters each saterday.

Glad i have the skills to find good hunting spots and keep those under the radar for others. So i don't join that battle.

But you know what is fun about all?
Those battle hunters have to hunt agressive. So high disc, missing several good finds. And those finds i find a bit next to their open holes. :laughing:
So the hunter with real skills and patience still finds nice stuff, no matter how hunted a spot is. ;)

I like to hunt in front of mud and try to leave him lots of zincolns. Personally I think some people on here are overly sensitive about this subject. But I will leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said Beest! It is ENTIRELY Kapis fault she lost this ring to an inexperienced interloper! Shes sorta new at this Sport though, so she hasnt learnt all the beachsweeping tricks like you and me...Of course, we would have noticed this guy encroaching on our grid,, and then surruptitiously deployed a handful of Felix's and junker rings off to the side to keep him entertained while we worked the main pay streak...

Its a Win-Win in that regard...That guy is kept busy, goes home with some pennies and junk rings to do a nice post, about his 'once per season beach hunt experience', and Kapi pulls the REAL loot unobstructed...so yeah...on the beach here in season, with a 100 other unethical and etiquettely challenged ignorant coil swingers working, you gotta know these things!...Its entirely Her Fault! Beach detecting 101!...I bet She dont make this same mistake twice! :laughing: We Pros call it 'Scattering Chaff'....

Hell, I've been known to toss out sand encrusted greenie Coinstar rejected nickles, Dimes and Q's, small silver rings, and wheat pennies even, just to give that other guy a good once per season experience to write home about!..What can I say? I'm a good guy I guess....:laughing:

Bravo Mud Man. Smokin hot post!:laughing:

It's a fun hobby. Don't tell me what to do and I won't tell you where to shove it...just saying

strick

Last edited:
That brought tears to my eyes. What a happy ending! Her Grandmother is correct. There is a God and He is SO GOOD! We are His hands and feet. Congrats on a great return!

Lord I'm about to tear up.. great job y'all, that lady was so happy to get her ring back. What a happy ending to this whole thing! :grin:

Wow nice job khouse. I would have a hard time trusting that in the mail system, but our mail delivery sucks. :D

Back
Top Bottom