First buffalo in two years!

groundhog53946

Elite Member
Hi all! Finally found a buff after a bit of a drought on them. I've done a little hunting at this house and picked up 5 wheats in a single pass through on the back yard. Today I found 4 wheats and the buff
e2db16ecb9078b87a382399cb3cdc619.jpg

126d99d32880928b5a6e8fce4683fdd0.jpg

Still haven't found any silver in this yard or any yard this year for that matter but I'd like to know if people can get good enough at cherry picking a yard well enough to scoop up the silver and not take the wheats. I've had about the same luck at the house next to it also. Several wheats and no silver. Opinions or thoughts on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds! Congrats on ending drought.

Yes most yards I hit have been cherry picked of silver and all that remains is wheats and Indians. That's very common. I dont mind I love those old green wheats and Indians!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice finds! Congrats on ending drought.

Yes most yards I hit have been cherry picked of silver and all that remains is wheats and Indians. That's very common. I dont mind I love those old green wheats and Indians!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree with that. I love finding any kinds of coins that aren't made anymore. It just seems that on my machine that wheats, clad dimes and silver dimes all are about the same

Congrats on the long sought buffalo nickel! I have detected a few yards with wheats, but no silver. I do believe, though, if the wheats are still there, then the cherry pickers might not have gotten all the silver. But then, some yards were inhabited by people who apparently only lost pennies. :roll:

I agree with that. I love finding any kinds of coins that aren't made anymore. It just seems that on my machine that wheats, clad dimes and silver dimes all are about the same

Dennis....we have to get together. Free this weekend? Nice work on the buffalo! Let me know your schedule...

Congratulations on finding a buffalo nickel! Out of all the older coins that I have seen (which hasn't been all that many), they are my favorite coin. :cool3:

Thanks everyone! Buffs are one of my favorites and I've only found 4 in five years so they are a treat

Back
Top Bottom