• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

10K gold Dead Seagull Karma?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Hit the beach as usual. Popped the silver ring with fake diamonds on the second hole. Walked down and found the sea bean. Only one on the beach i saw. Did notice a bit of offshore plastic garbage that has been at sea a long time.

Walked a while and not much interesting. Turned back and dug the junk chrome looking ring. Later i noticed a dead seagull. Decided to save it a little dignity and bury it so it didn't wind up on the top of a sand castle as an ornament. Covered it over and was walking off. Next thing you know another seagull gave me that look you beach hunters are used to. Gave me the "What up dude?" look. You know the one where they are checking to make sure your eyes aren't popcorn?:lol: Lowered it's head and flew off in the distance. Next hole i dug the 10k yellow gold men's ring. Was 5.61 grams. Has the dug out inside a jeweler will tell you is for comfort instead of more profit for less gold. This style isn't as comfortable to me.

Later i found another dead seagull and buried it as well. Guess you only get one gold a day? Was hoping for a hat trick and find a Plat that didn't happen. Maybe next time?

Not sure on the battery i dug? Thought when i saw the wire it was going to be a sinker on the end. Vape battery i reckon?

I did learn something though. If your name is Mark and you are at the ocean by the water, do not have friends in the dry sand flapping arms and calling your name. I wasn't the only one looking for a fin!:shock::lol:

Attachments

• gold5.jpg
    gold5.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 445
  • gold6.jpg
    gold6.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 440
  • gold7.jpg
    gold7.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
When I first read 10k dead seagull I thought you has a mass die off :laughing:

Nice finds Larry...

That's a beauty!! Nice and chunky looking to me..:yes:

Nice of you to bury the birds :) Congrats on the gold!
Thanks!

When I first read 10k dead seagull I thought you has a mass die off :laughing:

Nice finds Larry...
I altered the title a bit:lol:
That's a beauty!! Nice and chunky looking to me..:yes:
I seem to find a lot of real small gold. You know who finds the chunkier stuff most the time. I was by myself on this hunt:lol:

Gold is gold ! Your clad count is what I been getting , not much. But way better on the gold than me. Cool....

Gold is gold ! Your clad count is what I been getting , not much. But way better on the gold than me. Cool....
Clad been real low for a good while now. I think a lot of ours everything just sinks too deep too fast from all the sand replenishments over the years. Even the fresh bottlecaps are deep. Gold wise if you think about it, we went from lots of gold to finding lots of silver wedding and engagement rings to the new age metal and plastic. Thanks!
Nice hunt congrats on the gold , sun glasses , when its my time to go 6 foot under , I am calling you :lol: :digginahole::friends:
I could plant you at the treasure fleet and either have a good day on gold coins, or someone will post finding you on the forums. Be interesting if someone found you with a Deus 8:lol:

LoL

Mmmmm , I'd bet the D8 would still have an antenna to catch fish :fishin: , still no cf telescopic shaft , still fail under Salt Water , & finally yet just another VLF good for retrieving the same junk any other detector will get , NO Big Deal :violin::violin::violin::chaplin:
Good idea but , by the water , I would want to be in ash form so I could find the rest of the 1715 fleet treasure , & be captain Sparrow at the same time , run up & down the coast with Penelope Cruz 🛳 :lookclose::pirate2: :yes:

Last edited:
Mmmmm , I'd bet the D8 would still have an antenna to catch fish :fishin: , still no cf telescopic shaft , still fail under Salt Water , & finally yet just another VLF good for retrieving the same junk any other detector will get , NO Big Deal :violin::violin::violin::chaplin:
Good idea but , by the water , I would want to be in ash form so I could find the rest of the 1715 fleet treasure , & be captain Sparrow at the same time , run up & down the coast with Penelope Cruz 🛳 :lookclose::pirate2: :yes:
Earl you can dress like a Pirate down this way and make money off of photo appearances with tourists.

I'll tell Penelope you said "Hey".
Lol!
Why your at it , say high to Cathern to , :razz: https://www.bing.com/images/search?...Zorro&form=IARSLK&first=1&tsc=ImageHoverTitle PS Larry if you capture treasure like that down there , Im on my way :shock::lol:
Wouldn't she be nicknamed CZ? Not a good beach nickname:lol:

Nice gold in my book, good hunt!
Thanks Zee!
A great story and a great score, congrats! Any old timers remember Grover and Heathcliff
or Gertrude and Heathcliff?
Thank you SS!

Very nice!
Thanks Bluebird!

Good chunker.............!!!!
Thank you BH1

Back
Top Bottom