Best beach hunt of 2017

Larbo

Here are some pictures of my best beach hunt of 2017. I didn't get to go as much as last year but I found more because I am more familiar with the beaches in my area.

I beat my old clad record plus found 2 gold rings and a silver ring. This hunt was a few months ago but I think the total was ¥19,440. That included 13 ¥500 ($5) coins and over 100 ¥100 ($1) coins.

The best finds were a PT 900 18K ring, 9K ring and small 925 silver ring. I also found a silver ¥100 from the 1950's.

The beaches here can change quickly and sometimes you just find an occasional coin scattered around and sometimes they are concentrated but I was lucky this day.

Last edited:
Very nice assortment....Nice hits!!

Congrats on a great day out for you !! HH

A fine hunt for sure- congrats! Hunters in Japan sure seem to do great. :yes:

Thanks everyone! I think the main reason we do good in Japan is a combination of millions of people concentrated in small areas, high denomination coins and no detecting competition.

Some days are just lucky too. Sometime I will find 10 rings and all are junk and other days I will find only 2 or 3 and they are gold, platinum or silver. You never know what you will find and that makes it exciting.

I think this Cartier white gold ring is my most valuable find if it is real. It only weighs 4 grams so gold value isn't high. I guess it's just the brand that makes it worth more.

In case anyone wants to know it sounded like a pulltab. It was around 53 on the AT Pro.

Last edited:
That Cartier 750 ring and pic turned out pretty succulently! Thats a winner, even if the melt weight might be light, its got at least double or triple the melt value on the pedigree inscription alone...No way thats a scrapper!....Thanks for the post and pics and Congratulations on your year!

That Cartier 750 ring and pic turned out pretty succulently! Thats a winner, even if the melt weight might be light, its got at least double or triple the melt value on the pedigree inscription alone...No way thats a scrapper!....Thanks for the post and pics and Congratulations on your year!

Thanks Mud! I was a little impressed with that picture too. All the pictures from out in the field are just pictures I take to send to my wife so she can reply with "OK" or something. She was actually a little excited about this ring and she may take it away from me.

Congrats on the precious metals!
The at pro sings gold! at 53!:yes:

Yeah, I have found several gold rings that showed up as 53. The only problem is the thousands of pulltabs that show up as 53 too. The AT Pro is a great machine though. I have found more than I ever expected with it.

:dingding: That's an awesome hunt! As for your Cartier ring - I found a similar one in yellow gold at just under 4 ounces. At first, I thought it was real, but now I do not. I repeatedly did a specific gravity test and it just did not pass. Unless they're hollow I think they should weigh more. Have yours checked out before you sell it and hopefully its the real deal for you.

:dingding: That's an awesome hunt! As for your Cartier ring - I found a similar one in yellow gold at just under 4 ounces. At first, I thought it was real, but now I do not. I repeatedly did a specific gravity test and it just did not pass. Unless they're hollow I think they should weigh more. Have yours checked out before you sell it and hopefully its the real deal for you.

I haven't checked it yet but I think it's real. I have Rolex that I need to get checked too. The fittting between the band and watch case seems off but the band seems like gold.

Last edited:
I like the $5 coins, now that would be something here in the states.

They really help a lot. I found 13 on that hunt which is ¥6,500. When you find a lot of ¥500 you know you are in a good spot because you will find the same or more in ¥100 and smaller denominations.

I would expect nothing less from Japan, congrats on those great finds, top notch stuff! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom