gold prospecting?

DJS

anyone here ever went out and dug for gold?

theres a couple programs on the outdoor channel late at night on digging gold that I've been watching lately, the more I watch and the more research I do the more interesting it gets and the more I'd like to try it, too bad theres no gold in wisconsin though... :(

from what I understand theres supposed to be some in lower mich though, that isnt too far from me...

Yup, about ten years ago, a friend and I did some panning in the Black Hills. Found only a few flakes, but had fun doing it. I still have my pan, and maybe some day I'll try my hand at locating some of that elusive Michigan gold.

Yep. Lived in AK for seven yrs and did fair amount of panning, sluicing, dredging. Spent a whole summer in/around Chicken digging for the stuff. Didn't have a detector at the time though.

I just foundout recently that there's gold 30 minutes from me in OH, so don't be too quick to dismiss your area as goldless.

Good Huntin
Kevin

Don't give up! I watch "Gold Fever" on TV also. He once said that if you searcg gard enough, gold can be found in every state. Who knew there would be diamonds in Arkansas?

I get out at least once every couple of years on a trip to the mountains of New Mexico or Colorado to pan/sluice for gold. Heck, there's even some here in Oklahoma if you really have the bug.

well, I've been doing quite a bit of research and have learned that there is some gold to be found in wisconsin although from what I understand it isnt real plentiful and is nothing but "flour" gold, its also being found a bit more north than what I am...

I've never done it before but I'm going to give it a shot anyway, the river here in town runs right by my house and if anywhere around here is going to produce gold that would be the place, I also know of quite a few smaller streams that may be worth checking out
theres also a big gold prospecting convention about 45min. away from here on the 21-22 of oct., I'm going to head down to that and see what kind of info I can dig up, it'll be neat just to check out if nothing else...

I highly doubt I'll find anything but it'll give me something to do all day long :roll:

wish me luck... ;)

I've done some hunting for gemstones in NC. That was fun and I got a few nice stones to boot. I've heard there is gold in GA and I'd love to try my hand at that as well.

I live in GA. My and my hubby love going to Dahlonega to pan for gold!
I have a necklace with some of the gold we have found.

My dad lives in NC and swears that he is going to find gold on his land.

Gold is where you find it. I've found gold in parking lots. A real treasure. people lose it every where. find out where the storm water runs into that river. you will find along with gold, money,trash and all sorts of different things. Amazing bunch of fun. I go every week with or with out a detector. Good luck and keep looking down.

a little update...

well, as I figured I havent gotten rich digging any gold up yet... :roll: you have to find some first...

to be honest though, I havent really been out yet either, I went out and tried it once right after I posted this but it was almost dark so I didnt get to do much of anything and then the river got high so I couldnt get out to the spot I wanted and so I didnt go

I got out the other day though and messed around some, just panning, and surprisingly I was getting quite a bit of black sand but no gold from what I could tell, I dont think that just panning is going to produce anything in my area anyway, from what I researched the gold just isnt here, if I had a highbanker so I could process alot more material alot faster it may produce some but I think you'd have to put alot of work into it and be somewhat lucky to find much in a pan around here

I'm still messed up and doing it all one-handed is pretty hard, but besides the fact that I really dont know what I'm doing I'm still going to mess around with it and see what becomes of it, it is kind of fun, and you never know...

I also found out that theres a pretty good sized chapter of the GPAA in a town about a half hour away from here and they have meetings once a month, I'm going to head over there to their next meeting and try to dig up some info on this area from those guys, if anyone would know you'd think it would be them

again, wish me luck(I think I'm going to need it)...

Back
Top Bottom