• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

saxon gold coin of coenwulf

it does present its problems though jeff...the treasure act is nothing but a rip off and most people who have items in for the valuation commitee usually get ripped off...doesnt happen all the time off course and in the case of this coin it was unique so the only one ever found hence the price of around $420,000...

argentum40 said:
yeah you get it all...every last penny of it

The price is split 50/50 between landowner and finder.

There were (unproven) allegations that the place the finder said he found it, wasn't the place he actually found it. This was possibly in order to try and get all the reward.

It then turned out the the reported find spot wasn't common ground, but was in fact owned my a consortium. The finder still did well out of it.

when i stated "you get every penny of it" i didnt mean the finder alone..the state would pay out all the £230,000 and of course if it was found on private land then sharing it with the landowner is usually the way...however NOT always as some landowners dont want anything and splitting it with the landowner is NOT the law...its just an unwritten rule unless a prior agreement has been reached

It actually turned out that they have got it wrong and they realised that when they peeled off the layer of gold and chocolate was underneath!!

anyway I'm off to find the holy grail !!

Pssssst Don't I know you??^^^^^^

respect to coenwolf bet hes been cheersin his time with his freinds loads :grin: any one now how he found it?

marmotte said:
respect to coenwolf bet hes been cheersin his time with his freinds loads :grin: any one now how he found it?

no mate coenwulf didnt find the coin...it is a coin of the the ruler coenwulf

no way lol
so who really found the coin :grin:?
bloody coenwolf thought it was him all along
good old british tongue n cheek aiee
:grin:

Back
Top Bottom