Nox users

goldpaninut

Hey all you Nox users, I was wondering how long your batteries last before they need the 18 hour recharge? Can you get a full 10 hour hunt from a fully charged battery?

I have no idea my hunts are usually no more than 2 hours long. God bless somebody that hunts 10 hours straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually get two 4 to 5 hour hunts in before it drops to one bar. Then i recharge overnight.

Who the hell can hunt for 10 hours? hahaha

3-4hrs of water hunting and i'm toast

Hey all you Nox users, I was wondering how long your batteries last before they need the 18 hour recharge? Can you get a full 10 hour hunt from a fully charged battery?

As far as recharging your detector goes. I use a quick charger from a cell phone. I can get a full charge in 4 hours or less.

As far as recharging your detector goes. I use a quick charger from a cell phone. I can get a full charge in 4 hours or less.

+2. A decent quality quick charger will charge it from zero in a few hours. So far I've never had to charge it longer than a couple hours from one or two bars down.

My longest hut with my NOX so far has been about 4-5 hrs., starting fully charged. Lost one bar. I think a ten hr hunt is no problem as far as the battery life.

I was concerned about this when I first got the NOX..I was used to keeping AA's always on hand and doing the swap out when I needed to, but I must say, the NOX seems to hold power for a long time...

I bring it in the house about once per week and put it on the charger...Couple hours per day of hunting...I havnt done a really long hunt in a while...might be tomorrow though, gonna be good weather here and the dirt is just perfect...

I normally hunt 4-5 hours at a time. Occasionally the battery will drop to two bars. The longest hunt I’ve done with the Nox has been 6-7 hours (with lunch breaks and occasional bathroom stops, of course). Even then it didn’t get below two bars.

I typically connect the machine to a wall outlet in my garage at the end of a hunt, then unplug a couple hours later when the indicator light stops blinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you know I still can't believe Minelab didn't include the Charger and just supplied the USB Cable.. :?: :?:

Yeah thats wierd.

Agreed - from a consumer's point of view, it's a real headscratcher. Part of me is thankful - I've got a million and one chargers laying around the house, so the last thing I needed was another one. But that said, it would have been nice if they included a decent fast charge box that I could dedicate to the machine without having to resort to scavenging around the house looking for one that would work.

I would love to hear Minelab's rationale for leaving out the charger box. The cynical side of me says it's a way for them to limit their liability in case batteries start going bad. Easy for them to blame your wonky, unapproved charger box and avoid replacing the battery. But there could be less cynical reasons as well:

- Cost cutting to allow reasonable profit while still maintaining that more attractive $899 and $649 price tag (same reasoning for nixing the manual)

- Allows the customer more flexibility to attach the USB style cord to any type of charger (wall charger, cigarette style car port, or just a USB port, etc)

- Avoids the added expense of providing different international versions. Remember, outlet plugs vary from country to country. Minelab would either have to supply multiple adapters, or create a nightmare logistical scenario for themselves by producing different boxed versions for different countries. And again, there would be that pesky problem of another electronic device that Minelab would have responsibility for.

So in the end, while I agree it's odd and inconvenient, it makes a certain amount of logistical sense.

Avoids the added expense of providing different international versions. Remember, outlet plugs vary from country to country. Minelab would either have to supply multiple adapters, or create a nightmare logistical scenario for themselves by producing different boxed versions for different countries. And again, there would be that pesky problem of another electronic device that Minelab would have responsibility for.

This is a VERY good point AMT !! hadn't really considered that.

The manual.. with the Internet and readily available PDF's I had no issues with that.

I was concerned about this when I first got the NOX..I was used to keeping AA's always on hand and doing the swap out when I needed to, but I must say, the NOX seems to hold power for a long time...

I bring it in the house about once per week and put it on the charger...Couple hours per day of hunting...I havnt done a really long hunt in a while...might be tomorrow though, gonna be good weather here and the dirt is just perfect...

Last all day hunt for you was up here i bet :laughing:

I have run mine for two days straight daylight til dark on 3rd day early on it died. Wanted to see how long it lasted myself. Impressed with the battery .

I charge mine from the outlet in my car's trunk. Even with all these short cycle charges I have never had a problem. This way the batteries are always charged or charging.

I have run mine for two days straight daylight til dark on 3rd day early on it died. Wanted to see how long it lasted myself. Impressed with the battery .

This is like what I did a couple times; two days of really long hunts, and it goes "bf" on the third day. Then I snap on the USB power bar and finish day 3, no problem. Plugged in at home, it charges to full in about 4 hrs. Headphones always finish charging first, and last longer. They lasted the whole third day the first time, and a little longer than the detector on the third day the second time. I'm happy with these results.

Back
Top Bottom