2018 Year End Results--$1,785.42 Coinage

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
These for all the right and wrong reasons turned out to being a grateful year for me.

Here are the Cliff Notes of my finds. Not including the gold and silver jewelry.

Silvers: 45 Coins

Clad: 15,463 Coins or $1,785.42

Coinage Breakdown:

Dollars: 18 or $18.00
Halves: 7 or $3.50
Quarters: 4,736 or $1,184.00
Dimes: 4,734 or $473.40
Nickels: 1,171 or $58.55
Cents: 4,797 or $47.97

Due to the weight of these coin storage bins, I just took photo from my basement steps.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to reading my post!

Attachments

• Coins 2018 YE Silver 001.jpg
    Coins 2018 YE Silver 001.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Coins 2018 YE Results 002.jpg
    Coins 2018 YE Results 002.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Congrats on a VERY impressive clad haul JAK! Your silver coin finds are quite nice as well! Good luck in 2019.:)

A very impressive year John. Not only on the Silver take but all that clad. Wow! So what are you going to invest that in? Hope 2019 can be as good. Trapper

Dude your penny, dime and Quarter ratios are insane.. my pennies to Quarters are like 30-1 and dime to Quarters are probably like 10 -1

yours are like 1-1 that is just plain bat poop crazy ^v^

congrats to a stellar year.. your clad to forum ratio is like 15% of the entire forum

my brain hurts

Those clad numbers are amazing, I'm always impressed with the clad totals Nox dude puts up but he is in SoCal where the parks and public spaces get use 12 months a year, You did it in PA. That's pretty impressive! Congrats on a great year and good luck in '19!

All I can say is wow....15000+ coins is mental for one year!!!! Looking at your totals, you haven't included half dollars or dollars, did you find any of them this year? With nearly 15500 dug coins you'd expect at least one of each, or not? Either way, congrats on a great year and hopefully you'll do just as well in 2019! :)

WOW-WOW-and-WOW ! Just amazing John ! Over 15,000 coins plus the inevitable trash that comes with it. You must be in great shape. my goal was to hit a 100 in clad,and I was happy when I did but your total is like super bowl stats. God bless and good luck in 2019. Mark

Thank you!

All I can say is wow....15000+ coins is mental for one year!!!! Looking at your totals, you haven't included half dollars or dollars, did you find any of them this year? With nearly 15500 dug coins you'd expect at least one of each, or not? Either way, congrats on a great year and hopefully you'll do just as well in 2019! :)

Thanks sandgroper! Thanks for catching my mistaken oversight! I totally forgot to include them. Yes, I did find some. I will be updating and including them now on the post. Again, thank for you for the complement and for bringing to my attention about the halves and dollar counts.

man that's impressive!! Can you guess how many days you were in the field?

Thank you!

Congrats on a VERY impressive clad haul JAK! Your silver coin finds are quite nice as well! Good luck in 2019.:)

Thanks Waveoff! Actually, i was kind of surprised about my silver count too. I don't actually track them during the year although I do record them.

A very impressive year John. Not only on the Silver take but all that clad. Wow! So what are you going to invest that in? Hope 2019 can be as good. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! It is guys like you and your stellar finds that keep me motivated. As for investing these finds, I am just hoarding them for now. And soon they will be stored in five gallon buckets. When it fills-up, then I will probably cash out. As for the silvers, etc., i will probably just hold on to them for that special rainy day...

Holy smokes! That’s a lot of coinage! Nice job

Thanks WyoTom! I kind of knew I was having a good year, but I always wait until year's end to do the final count. But the real surprise with me was the silvers.

Dude your penny, dime and Quarter ratios are insane.. my pennies to Quarters are like 30-1 and dime to Quarters are probably like 10 -1

yours are like 1-1 that is just plain bat poop crazy ^v^

congrats to a stellar year.. your clad to forum ratio is like 15% of the entire forum

my brain hurts

Thanks SoOregonMd! I have to say, the Nox sure hits hard on those dimes, especially those deep or masked jobbers. As for the ratios, I kind of feel that's a good thing, I feel as though I did not leave too much behind. But like what others had left behind for one reason or another. I have been with other guys detecting, then gone over their areas, and I guess I just put my coil in the more right or left 1/2" or so that they may have missed. I find that when I hit the cent coins, more dimes and jewelry are recovered. Again, thanks for your very kind comments.

Those clad numbers are amazing, I'm always impressed with the clad totals Nox dude puts up but he is in SoCal where the parks and public spaces get use 12 months a year, You did it in PA. That's pretty impressive! Congrats on a great year and good luck in '19!

Thanks Ron 71! I been very lucky with the weather this year. And by that I mean too, especially when it rains. I find it is like the best time to hunt as the ground is softer and deep targets just sing a bit louder.

Wow what a year for coins, congrats and good luck in 2019!

Thanks cellrdwellr! It was a decent year for me and I am grateful. But I have to say, that "bootblack" youth license you found awhile ago takes the cake.

WOW-WOW-and-WOW ! Just amazing John ! Over 15,000 coins plus the inevitable trash that comes with it. You must be in great shape. my goal was to hit a 100 in clad,and I was happy when I did but your total is like super bowl stats. God bless and good luck in 2019. Mark

Thanks Mark! Some years I guess I am just lucky. I am very lucky about my excellent health, this detecting thing I feel is what keeps me going and adds to the total all-around picture. And the thing I like abut clad is there is no sentimental value to it. Cash it, hoard it or spend it...I love all the options. I think the challenge of many of us going forward is that the more lucrative locations are drying up. But then again, that could be the challenge fun of it too, to find those semi or untapped resources. Best of continued success to you with the New Year!

man that's impressive!! Can you guess how many days you were in the field?

Thanks Grizz! I appreciate your kind words. As for the guessing the days of detecting, I will do you one better. The actually days were 209.

Wow, you are one clad digging monster! Way to make it pay! Nice spread of silvers too! After several of these year end posts, I am confirming what I already knew. My silver half dollar ratio is low. As in zero so far, with roughly 100 silver coins lifetime total. Not to make it about me, but to emphasize that you did quite well! Congrats on the super totals! Let's have a great '19 too...

I can't find 26 cents during a hunt . thats unreal you did very well ,better hunting in 2019 to you and others on here

Thank you!

Wow, you are one clad digging monster! Way to make it pay! Nice spread of silvers too! After several of these year end posts, I am confirming what I already knew. My silver half dollar ratio is low. As in zero so far, with roughly 100 silver coins lifetime total. Not to make it about me, but to emphasize that you did quite well! Congrats on the super totals! Let's have a great '19 too...

Thanks Foragist! I much appreciate your thoughtful comments. I think was most lucky is so many ways that I was able to put my coil in just the right places. For you to find that 100 silvers in a lifetime, I must say, you did very well! Continued success to you also.

I can't find 26 cents during a hunt . thats unreal you did very well ,better hunting in 2019 to you and others on here

Thanks Pastor! I think getting to know my new machine helped a lot. I like that I can tweak it to the different environments. Thank you again, for your very kind comments.

JEEEZZZZ man, that is unreal haul! I've seen folks post totals like that from gold sold but never coinage, WOW!

This post is absolutely crazy!!!đź‘€
That is like 10% or more of what the entire forum posts for a clad count .

Wow amaizing wrap upđź‘Ť
Thanks for posting .
Congradulations on the killer season .
,Dew

Wow!!! Drinks are on you tonight! That is insane amount of coins...Now that is a serious haul and I just cant imagine bringing in that much change. You must detect every day! Congrats on a great year.

Ok, so enlighten me here. What's the secret program your running on the NOX? If you can not tell us the secrete program, can you just give us a quick rundown of your setup? I would love to know.
Those numbers in coin finds for one year are awesome, Super congrats on that. You had a heck of a year. Hope your 2019 score is even better.

Back
Top Bottom