NICE big CORNING PYREX power line insulator

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Was driving home from Eastern Montana and North Dakota, my wife and I were near Bozeman on I-90, I saw some power crews changing out poles and updating the insulators. On a chance, we turned off the freeway, found a gravel access road, and followed it back to the crews. The really nice foreman gave us this beautiful greenish straw colored CORNING PYREX large size power line insulator. Love the color on this one and a good memory to cherish!

Attachments

• pyro3.jpg
    pyro3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 544
  • pyro2.jpg
    pyro2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 430
  • pyro1.jpg
    pyro1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 429
Thanks Glasshopper - I do have a very small group of them, a couple purples and a pair of the attractive Hemingray / H. G. Co. peacock colors.

That is a nice unusual one! I have about a dozen multicolored Hemmingrays and other early miscellaneous glass and porcelain. I couldn’t give ‘em away even at our yard sale so I fashioned an old pole and display them out near the garden.

GroundSweeper, it is about 12" across and about 7" high, seems to weigh 10 lbs or more!

amc rulz - thank you, yes I do like the odd color of this glass, your group of insulators on display must look great!

That is a nice unusual one! I have about a dozen multicolored Hemmingrays and other early miscellaneous glass and porcelain. I couldn’t give ‘em away even at our yard sale so I fashioned an old pole and display them out near the garden.

Occasionally when driving out in the country, I've seen people mount them on their fence poles.

Back
Top Bottom