Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 05-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
I see we all have different preferences, for me I would rather charged my machine( like charging a cell phone) than to have to change and buy batteries all the time. Just shows we are all different in our choices,
What I meant is I have the z link wireless from Garrett,and I hafto charge two things to make it work,then plug in my headphones to boot to the receiver..now the at max has wireless built in,and I would only hafto charge the headphones.Although I don't care for charging I hafto agree batteries are expensive and your right on that for sure.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Elite Member

I just wish I could combine my CTX and Deus into one mean metal detecting machine. Take the FBS tech, tones, accurate TID, water proof, color display and target trace from the Minelab, then take the light weight, wireless, collapsibility and speed of the Deus.... = ultimate detector!

I think I'll put them in the closet together and see if they'll mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post
I just wish I could combine my CTX and Deus into one mean metal detecting machine. Take the FBS tech, tones, accurate TID, water proof, color display and target trace from the Minelab, then take the light weight, wireless, collapsibility and speed of the Deus.... = ultimate detector!

I think I'll put them in the closet together and see if they'll mate.

So,,go ahead we're all waiting.
What would you call the offspring detector???

Old 05-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Elite Member

Default thoughts on these new releases.

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
So,,go ahead we're all waiting.

What would you call the offspring detector???

The XP-lab GOD-3030!

Or maybe just Deity-Dirty-Thirty. DDT for short.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Elite Member

I ask myself and you. Why not just save up and get the best, be it a Xp or a Minelab.
Just bypass everything else.
Or maybe its another detector,you choose?

Old 05-14-2017, 05:25 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by NCDFX View post
R&D is expensive. Retooling for new injection or vacuum formed plastics is expensive as well. That's why manufacturers don't change too often. Think Bounty Hunter's muffler on a stick or Whites lunch box on a stick. I agree that lighter is better, though. As far as the techn ology improving, seems like the earth shattering changes come from the younger companies. I think there's a lot of really interesting machines available now. I just traded my mx sport to RT6 Detectors for a closet queen AKA Sorex pro. Just got it in this week. Been reading up on it. Very impressive (and light). Played with it in the yard a little. I think I'm going to get along well with it. Like the weight and the tones. Lots of customization. Really like the hodograph.
Plus, give the max some time. I bet Garrett really upped the horsepower.
I have spend some time with the Sorex Pro lately and have made some great finds with it. It is actually giving my Deus a run for its money!
I will be posting some pics of my finds as well as a little write up on the Sorex within the next couple of days. Poly tones is the way to go!

Old 05-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Supporter

I really like the sorex I had except for the ground balance just had major issues with it. I didn't find it to separate as good as the deus but the tones were better imo btw poly tones is what I liked too. It is a deep machine if ground balance correctly. Metal addict to answer your question I already have a deus , and have had ctx, sorex, racer 2, fors core, cortes, ace 250, at pro, and have been around a t2 as that's what my hunting partner used to use till I converted him to the deus. My thoughts were other companies would follow suit and go light wireless etc, looks like they going wireless but at a slower pace than I expected.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:21 PM

Xp is probably like Minelab and stuck a bunch of patents on the wireless system and battery years ago and the rest of the company's are having to circumnavigate them patents to go wireless and charging systems.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Pastor View post
I would call a detector improved or a new if it could actually distinguish a gold ring from a pull tab .
If they ever create such a machine, we will never know about it.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by matmit View post
Thank you for this link.
If I ever meet Ermal Fraze, I am going to kick him squarely in the balls
You've missed your chance for that

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...e=gr&GRid=9623

Ermal C. Fraze (1913 - 1989)

Old 05-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Supporter

I do miss the days when new detectors also included new technology. I think we've reach a point where there are few technology advances left and just cosmetic or some simple process.

We need something substantially new. We've gotten to the point where we get excited over an angel change in the shaft.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 PM

Yep, it seems to be you pick the detector with the modes/features that suit you best.
Nothing new, just refined, boosted, expanded......

Originally Posted by Detector View post
I do miss the days when new detectors also included new technology. I think we've reach a point where there are few technology advances left and just cosmetic or some simple process.

We need something substantially new. We've gotten to the point where we get excited over an angel change in the shaft.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Detector View post

But those angel changes are heavenly

Old 05-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Elite Member

Metal detecting industry just like auto industry and others.

Look at autos,,what do they provide year to year model to model.

Accessories,,,GPS,,hands free device capabilities,,monitors airpressure in tires,,back up cameras, etc,

Engineering as far as Vlf frequency,,it's abilities to interact with ground,,and be interpreted,,,,physics have not changed,,,no new laws of physics lately I know of.

So detector companies are just like the auto industry and tries to build detectors to offer folks things that folks can use,,and detect.

We have seen things like iron volume,, spectrographs,,hodograph,,signagraphs, horseshoe symbols,,needle movement,,GPS, different menu layouts,,different pinpoint means,,wireless headphones,,wireless detector,,waterproof or not,,water resistant or not,,colored screens,,Lipro batteries,,longer warranties for some models,,different looks with rods,,different styles with rods,,different materials with rods,,updatable detectors or not,,even some detector can have hunt programs loaded using PC though internal operating program not updatable,,,depth meters of various styles,,bars graphs,,numbers,,different tones,,different colors,,different frequencies, covers, and different recovery speeds ,and more.

There will be more new things we will see.
Could we see rover units,,to hunt beaches and open fields.
Where the user can monitor,,and follow behind and dig or not.

Could we see a real breakout moment with a manufacturer,,,even from a manufacturer we haven't heard about or know very little about??
Sure
Xp has already proven this can happen.

Electronics engineering sure isn't limited to the USA,,for great performing detectors.
We should all by now realize this.

Soil mineralization,,is one area some improvement can be made,,,and this improvement may not help folks who detect in milder soil.

A lot of different folks around the world a working on the better "mouse trap",, question is who will be the next to have a monster break through.

And if this happens,,how long will it take for the majority of folks to even realize or accept as being??

Minelab sure didn't get welcomed in USA with open arms by many,,at first anyway.

Now look.

Cheers.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Elite Member

I'll keep swinging my MXT Pro for now. I haven't seen anything that blows my socks off and makes me want to part ways with another stack of cash. I would like something waterproof, other than that nope.

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Tapatalk

Old 05-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Elite Member

I remember when the AH Pro and the Compass Coin Magnum came out I thought I held in my hands the answer to all my tab problems and for twenty years or so I was a discriminator/feature freak. Can't imagine how many rings I missed.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by sllingshot47 View post
I remember when the AH Pro and the Compass Coin Magnum came out I thought I held in my hands the answer to all my tab problems and for twenty years or so I was a discriminator/feature freak. Can't imagine how many rings I missed.
I run my Mxt real hot with no disc. I listen to everything in the ground. I can't say I dig it all but I do hear it all.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Chris R View post
I run my Mxt real hot with no disc. I listen to everything in the ground. I can't say I dig it all but I do hear it all.

Any luck? I might try that with my MX5

Old 05-20-2017, 10:22 PM
Elite Member

I almost always find something good. I seem to have a lot of luck finding silver rings. I've got quite a collection of them going.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Old 05-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Elite Member

<)))>{