Bounty Hunter Battery Mod Ideas?

PinkFloydEffect

I picked up a very lightly used Pioneer 505 at a yardsale for $30 and I want to try using a different battery to keep the hobby inexpensive over the long run.

It currently takes two 9V batteries and I am not sure how long two off the shelf 9V batteries will last in this unit. They now make 9V lithium batteries which I assume last longer and the previous owner said rechargeable 9V batteries never worked well for him however they may not have been litium back then. Seems like the typical rechargeable 9V is 600mAh but I do see 900mAh.

I want to know how the Pioneer 505 uses the two 9V batteries...in series for 18V or parallel for extended capacity @ 9V? If I know this without taking it apart I can consider alternative battery packs. Thanks

9 Volt Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery HIGH CAPACITY

From an engineering perspective, I would bet that it is 9v batteries wired in parallel. I seriously doubt they would use 18V as a power source from 9V batteries.
Given that I would try 9 Volt Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery HIGH CAPACITY packs.
Try and find batteries with high mAh ratings like 650 mAh or more.

Thanks man, I suppose there is only one way to test this...pull one of the batteries and see if the unit still works?

I have seen higher capacity up to 900mAh I will give these a shot first.

Sounds good. Rechargeable lithium ion batteries are the way to go. Check some reviews on Amazon.
Should be a few different brands there. On a side note, Japanese cell batteries are the best.

Back
Top Bottom