Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2020, 08:22 AM
Swing4TheRing's Avatar
Swing4TheRing Swing4TheRing is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: In A Van
Posts: 649
Default 9 Ways to Conduct Research for Places to Detect

For anyone looking for a few alternative ways to try and conduct your research (especially during winter months) to help you find places to go and metal detecting, I've made this article - 9 Ways to Conduct Your Research

I hope this helps some of you who have "digger's block."

__________________
Metal Detecting is the closest that man has come to time travel - http://www.metaldetectinglife.com

Reply With Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 02-04-2020, 11:37 AM
Mistersippi's Avatar
Mistersippi Mistersippi is online now
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ocean Springs, Ms
Posts: 227
Default

Originally Posted by Swing4TheRing View post
For anyone looking for a few alternative ways to try and conduct your research (especially during winter months) to help you find places to go and metal detecting, I've made this article - 9 Ways to Conduct Your Research

I hope this helps some of you who have "digger's block."
Really nice write up Swing4TheRing!

__________________
Gear: Garret AT Pro | Garret Pro-Pointer AT | Predator Tools: The Hurricane Shovel
2020: Gold (0) | Silver (6) | V-Nickels (3) | IHP (3) | Buffalos (3) | Wheat Cents (29)
Find of the Year - Confederate Pelican Cuff Button

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 02-04-2020, 12:10 PM
MichiDigger's Avatar
MichiDigger MichiDigger is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Swartz Creek, MI
Posts: 189
Default

GREAT article! You are a true ambassador for the hobby, sir!
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 02-09-2020, 10:21 PM
Swing4TheRing's Avatar
Swing4TheRing Swing4TheRing is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: In A Van
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by MichiDigger View post
GREAT article! You are a true ambassador for the hobby, sir!
Thank you! Appreciate the kind words and I aim to educate as well as entertain. I'm also open to constructive criticism, so if you'd like to see anything different, just leave a comment.

Originally Posted by Mistersippi View post
Really nice write up Swing4TheRing!
Thanks for giving it a read and hopefully there was a little value to be had for folks. Next week Sunday will be the release of the next article so stay tuned!

__________________
Metal Detecting is the closest that man has come to time travel - http://www.metaldetectinglife.com

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 02-09-2020, 10:54 PM
Mistersippi's Avatar
Mistersippi Mistersippi is online now
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ocean Springs, Ms
Posts: 227
Default

Originally Posted by Swing4TheRing View post
.

Thanks for giving it a read and hopefully there was a little value to be had for folks. Next week Sunday will be the release of the next article so stay tuned!
Will be looking out for it!

__________________
Gear: Garret AT Pro | Garret Pro-Pointer AT | Predator Tools: The Hurricane Shovel
2020: Gold (0) | Silver (6) | V-Nickels (3) | IHP (3) | Buffalos (3) | Wheat Cents (29)
Find of the Year - Confederate Pelican Cuff Button

Reply With Quote


Reply


Tags
finding places, places to metal detect, research, researching history, where to go

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.