Golds 1, 2, 3 & 4 for 2020

Compass

Forum Supporter
That sounds impressive but with a total weight of about 6.5 grams one good ring could have easily outweighed that (not that I'm complaining! ;) ). Dave of River Team 6 (RT6) set me up with an Equinox 6" coil and I recently tested it out on one of my favorite lakes.
The air temperature was 32 degrees when I got in the water- a little cold for me but the excitement of using the new coil distracted me from the minor discomfort I felt when I first went in.
The first spot I hunted was very rocky and hard to dig so I just cherry-picked the high conductor signals which were pretty accurate. I then moved to another part of the lake where the digging was easier and started to dig all the good sounding repeating signals.
About an hour into the hunt I got a clear sounding signal with a target ID of "5". A few seconds later I was looking at my first gold of the year- a beautiful 14k mariner's crucifix! I spent several minutes looking for the chain but to no avail. :( During the next few hours I found 6 rings including a 14k and 2- 10k. All the gold rings were in the 1 gram range and rang up between 7 and 10.
picture.php

I really like the 6" coil. It makes pinpointing easier and is less tiring swinging in the water. Seems to give me several options on how I want to hunt depending on conditions or how I am feeling.
picture.php

You'll notice quite a bit of trash in the picture but I was digging a lot of "iffy" signals to learn the Nox language a bit better.
picture.php

I've been waiting to find a nice crucifix to add to my neck chain. It's hard to see in this picture but it has yellow, white and rose gold features- really eye-catching. :yes:
picture.php

My "American Gothic" pose! :roll:
GL&HH!

Last edited:
Dang bro

Tied with OBN , unless be found more today, good job George, I have yet used my 6 , just 15 & 11 , but wow 4 gold , I might slip on the hockey puck coil , congrats keep it coming .

Tied with OBN , unless be found more today, good job George, I have yet used my 6 , just 15 & 11 , but wow 4 gold , I might slip on the hockey puck coil , congrats keep it coming .
Thanks Earl, No way I could keep up with that guy but it's a good start to the year! "hockey puck coil" :lol: That is the perfect description!

What an awesome hunt George. You are 4 golds ahead of me for 2020. :p:p. Kidding aside, very happy for you!!

Really nice finds George... you better take that cross picture down... Itsaring will be begging for it :lol:

Very nice display of your hunt. Lots of targets and digging. You had to have been tired. Gold is gold.

Amazing, unforgettable Hunt!! I to love the cross, Beautiful!

You need to get a Go Pro, relive those memories,,:kingdances:

Congrats on some great hunting ! Nice finds and great pictures ( The Naval cross is awesome) . That 6" coil is a real joy to swing. Good pose in the "American Gothic" :lol:

What an awesome hunt George. You are 4 golds ahead of me for 2020. :p:p. Kidding aside, very happy for you!!
Thanks Jeff, Your first 2020 gold will probably be twice the weight of those 4. Large gold seems to avoid me! :p

Great finds!! Is it just me though....or is there no pic for me to see?
Thanks! Were you logged in? I can't see pictures on my phone if I'm not logged in.

Awesome hunting and post. Four golds!!!! Congrats!!
Thanks GS, Funny but I think I found all the gold within 2 hours. It felt a bit surreal. :yes:

Awesome hunt George......glad you like that 6" coil.[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks Dave, It may be a game-changer for me in certain locations- sensitive and not bad depth for its size too. :wow:

Wow some awesome hunting! Congrats on all the gold!
Thanks cd! Wasn't expecting 4 gold- just 1 or 2. :roll::lol:

:dingding: That's a great hunt no matter how much weight they have.

X2!
Thanks Felix! My goal this year is to find a solo gold chain. Of course, that is my goal every year! :D

Really nice finds George... you better take that cross picture down... Itsaring will be begging for it :lol:
Thanks Craig, That would be flattering but I'll be wearing this one. :yes:

Very nice display of your hunt. Lots of targets and digging. You had to have been tired. Gold is gold.
Thanks KOB, "Tired" is an understatement- the next day I was dead-man walking. :(

Amazing, unforgettable Hunt!! I to love the cross, Beautiful!

You need to get a Go Pro, relive those memories,,:kingdances:
Thanks OBN, You are absolutely right!

Congrats on some great hunting ! Nice finds and great pictures ( The Naval cross is awesome) . That 6" coil is a real joy to swing. Good pose in the "American Gothic" :lol:
Thanks Soil Surgeon! That wasn't my intention but when I saw the pic it reminded me of that famous painting! :lol:

Obn

Agree , I think ,between George & Romy , the video's would be outstanding , as long as it includes some CA beach girl's , I think he need ' s to hunt the dry sand , next to the Roller Blade lane :bling::lookclose::lookclose::lookclose::lookclose::lookclose::cheer::wish: howboughtit

Back
Top Bottom