Pin pointer question

kozman4907

Elite Member
I have been using a Garrett "carrot ". I seems to be getting wanky.

Thinking of trying something different. I am wondering what you fine folks are using?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Many will not like my answer but I'd rather spend more on a MD then a PinPointer.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

i have been happy with the Whites TRX. It's made it 3 years without problems and I'm pretty tough on my gear. I like the off the tip detecting zone, makes it truly a pointer.

i have been happy with the Whites TRX. It's made it 3 years without problems and I'm pretty tough on my gear. I like the off the tip detecting zone, makes it truly a pointer.

Glad to hear that...I just bought one off the Net, and I have to confess my first impressions was not so good and it looks/feels like one of the cheap $60 Chinese pinpointers. It feels very lightweight and the general construction comes across as a bit cheap/flimsy as least compared to my Macro Pinpointer Added to that neither the bleeps nor the vibrate are particularly strong..

That said, in some preliminary air tests, with a couple of different copper coins, it knocks spots off the Macro and I really like ability to quickly reduce the sensitivity as you home in a target..

If it holds up ok and performs as well in the field, I will be happy...

I have been using a Garrett "carrot ". I seems to be getting wanky.

Thinking of trying something different. I am wondering what you fine folks are using?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Was your Carrot once a tool that was NOT wanky? Didja love it but now it's acting up? Nothing wrong with trying a different flavor. My immediate thought about your comment though was an analogy to a vehicle.

"I have been driving a Ford F-250. It seems to be getting wanky. Thinking of trying something different..."

My first thought is, have you considered having it serviced [Ford or Garrett Carrot]? When it wasn't "getting wanky", were you happy with its performance?

Nothing wrong with a new toy though; just look at all the new Equinox users we've seen on this forum in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom