Thanks everybody! And what do you think of this Pinpointer?

eightstrgs

Dont waste your $. I bought a $39 garrett look alike & it is total junk, spend a little more & get a pro pointer. You get what you pay for. Thats my 2 cents.

Thanks! Yup, I saw those garrett look alikes. I found a youtube video on this Dr.Otek pinpointer and the guy was talkin' good about it.

Here's video--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMNitkEsYE

Here's a recent thread on lower priced pinpointers... https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267823
some have had success with them, but I think your odds of getting a lemon are much higher. As for a detectir around 300$. I would look for a used Garrett AT pro, you could probably find one for 3-400$ and its such a good detector, you wont feel the need to upgrade any time soon. It will pay for itself VERY quickly!

Here's a recent thread on lower priced pinpointers... https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267823
some have had success with them, but I think your odds of getting a lemon are much higher. As for a detectir around 300$. I would look for a used Garrett AT pro, you could probably find one for 3-400$ and its such a good detector, you wont feel the need to upgrade any time soon. It will pay for itself VERY quickly!
How about the Whites Bullseye II ?

Spend the $$ on a good pinpointer. The time saved in retrieving buried targets is priceless. A cheap pinpointer isn’t good; a good pinpointer isn’t cheap.

Spend the $$ on a good pinpointer. The time saved in retrieving buried targets is priceless. A cheap pinpointer isn’t good; a good pinpointer isn’t cheap.

Agree a 100% if you can afford it. I use a whites trx, with 3" detection range and from the tip only, it saves me a ton of time. Keep in mind a coin is a lot smaller than a 9v battery. My trx will detect a battery at 5". I get frustrated as hell watching guys on YouTube taking forever to find a coin with a piss poor pp.

Agree a 100% if you can afford it. I use a whites trx, with 3" detection range and from the tip only, it saves me a ton of time. I get frustrated as hell watching guys on YouTube taking forever to find a coin with a piss poor pp.

I agree! A good pin pointer and tip only on my next pin pointer! Life is to short for these 360 degree models. JMO

Thanks! Yup, I saw those garrett look alikes. I found a youtube video on this Dr.Otek pinpointer and the guy was talkin' good about it.

Here's video--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMNitkEsYE

Never trust anybody testing sensitivity with anything other than a coin sized object. I was excited about that pointer due to the customer reviews, until I saw that test.

Buy the Deteknix X-Pointer for $89, nothing less. IMPO and experience, the whites TRX is s-l-o-w in recovery with the small flashlight beam, tip only, plus you will pay another $60.

The X-pointer is the best pointer for the $$$.

There are a number of GOOD cheap Pointers out there -

Just check the reviews on the tube before purchasing -

As for this theory of "if you pay more you will get a better product" = not always true

I purchased two rather expensive GPP's in the past only to have them die with the same problems - falsing

I replaced with an X-Pointer and 4+yrs later, its still going strong

I have seen good reviews on the

GP Pointer -$15
Gold Hunter - $60
Shrxy - $38

I have tested the 'fake' GPP's and they are what you would expect which is good as there will be those who buy these to flog off as the real deal however they are that bad, its easy to tell me apart from the original - I have not long got in a GP Pointer and it works really well -

Big choice these days

Thanks everybody for all this great advice! I've always held on to those sayings, you pay for what you get and if you buy cheap,you get cheap! I thought the Dr. Otek pinpointer was a good deal for the money. But I think I'll go for something better.

After winter is over here and I can get out and do some detecting next year, I'm definitely going to post some finds on here to share with everybody. I know some good 1800s and early 1900s spots that have been calling out to me. Hopefully, they'll pay off.

Back
Top Bottom