• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cen Tech died -- cheapest Garret PP?

1960DPenny

My cen tech pin pointer died on me. (Switch went bad.)

Was going to try to fix it, but the wife said I should just by the Garrett as an early Father's Day present.

Anyone know who has it for the cheapest price?

Perhaps, a better question. . . . Is the Garrett PP really worth it?

(The Cen tech did a good job and apparently only needs $3 replacement switch.)

I just got a Cen-Tech today and it works great but, I have read from others warning about the switches going out. How long have you had it? How many hunts did it perform for you before crapping out? Congrats on getting a Garrett! I've seen them on E-Bay for as little as $125.00

I just got a Cen-Tech today and it works great but, I have read from others warning about the switches going out. How long have you had it? How many hunts did it perform for you before crapping out? Congrats on getting a Garrett! I've seen them on E-Bay for as little as $125.00

Only about 4-5 hunts -- sadly. One, however, was extremely wet and muddy.

Also, it is clearly the switch -- going to fix regardless b/c it is still a decent machine.

RWJR13 has awesome prices I have bought a garrett PP and a one detector form him for super cheap and I am about to buy another he's a super nice guy.

when you get it fixed...you can put it in a zip lock sandwich bag... just cut a small hole it the bottom of the bag for the probe to go through.. then zip the bag closed and fold over the slack it the bag then tape down the folded baggie... it keeps it clean and dry.

Perhaps, a better question. . . . Is the Garrett PP really worth it?

(The Cen tech did a good job and apparently only needs $3 replacement switch.)

Oh Ya! It is worth it! I started out with the Centech and upgraded to the Garrett Propointer. The Centech is very good for finding coins in loose dirt but lacks the depth to pinpoint very deep from the surface for coin popping. About the only issue I have heard about with Centech is the switch. On mine it was the extremely tiny wires breaking off right at the switch. On the other hand, the Propointer is awesome! You can pinpoint down 2 - 2/12 inches from the surface and find a coin and pop it out with no digging. The Propointer is built like a tank compared with the Centech. I still have the Centech for a backup but have not used it since the day I got the Propointer.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom