One Dollar In Silver - Not a bad weekend

pballwiz

Went back to my honey hole. This time I left the e-Trac at home and hunted with my recently acquired Equinox. This was my 4th outing with it. I have hit at least one silver each time. Most of theses were in areas that I had already pounded with the e-Trac. Target ID is nowhere near the e-trac but the prize for picking out good targets in heavy trash goes to the Equinox.

The fishing fly encased in Lucite is strangest thing I've found recently.

When I first saw the little play coin, I thought I had found a trime :(

The Taxi Cab token is a little smaller than a dime.

Attachments

• 20181021_213725.jpg
    20181021_213725.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 20181020_202723.jpg
    20181020_202723.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 274
Man that’s a fantastic hunt there, congrats! Like the Akron token - my dad was born there, I’ve never been. Congrats and nice work!

Awsome hunt there, that fly pendent is my favorite of the bunch, love that. They liked to make jewerly out of vintage flys back in the 60's. Never know the story on that but it could be 60+ yrs old easy. They made a lot of those into bolo ties and cuff links way back also.

that is a good day. congrat's. I just ordered my Nox will be here Fri. Can't wait to hit all the places Iv already hit with the AT PRO.

Well done on the silver haul! Nice to see that the nox sniffed out some keepers from areas that you pounded with the Etrac. I know you said the ID wasn't great compared to the Etrac, but did the audio and ID on those targets have a definite "dig me" quality to them?

I know you said the ID wasn't great compared to the Etrac, but did the audio and ID on those targets have a definite "dig me" quality to them?

Yes, for sure!
I'm still learning the Equinox. I'm using a modified version of Park 2 with 5 tones.
Perhaps there's a combination of settings that would improve the accuracy of the numbers.
That being said you can see by the results that the numbers showing are accurate enough. For me sound is the most important thing while hunting with the Nox. I like to squeak-out high tones between the trash. A good target is pretty unmistakable.
One of the quarters was about 9" down and only gave a good tone on one angle. Sounded so good that I dug it and was happy I did when I saw the GW looking up at me from the bottom of the hole. A lot of times those one-ways turn out to be iron. If you dig an iffy target and it pinpoints off to the side once you've dug a plug, it's iron almost every time.
I'm definitely digging more holes with the Nox which is not necessarily a bad thing. I tend to fall into "cherry picking" mode with the e-trac and probably miss out on a lot of cool targets (fishing fly sealed in Lucite).
The Equinox is a keeper for sure.
Am I ready to get rid of the e-Trac? Absolutely not!
Nothing id's targets as accurately as the e-Trac does other than the CTX.

Last edited:
Yes, for sure!
I'm still learning the Equinox. I'm using a modified version of Park 2 with 5 tones.
Perhaps there's a combination of settings that would improve the accuracy of the numbers.
That being said you can see by the results that the numbers showing are accurate enough. For me sound is the most important thing while hunting with the Nox. I like to squeak-out high tones between the trash. A good target is pretty unmistakable.
One of the quarters was about 9" down and only gave a good tone on one angle. Sounded so good that I dug it and was happy I did when I saw the GW looking up at me from the bottom of the hole. A lot of times those one-ways turn out to be iron. If you dig an iffy target and it pinpoints off to the side once you've dug a plug, it's iron almost every time.
I'm definitely digging more holes with the Nox which is not necessarily a bad thing. I tend to fall into "cherry picking" mode with the e-trac and probably miss out on a lot of cool targets (fishing fly sealed in Lucite).
The Equinox is a keeper for sure.
Am I ready to get rid of the e-Trac? Absolutely not!
Nothing id's targets as accurately as the e-Trac does other than the CTX.

Thanks for the feedback! Reading things like this from so many people has me itching to pull the trigger.:lol:

Congrats on a great bunch of finds! Just curious, how did the fly ring up? Did the nox pick up on the hook or the clasp ring (which I'm assuming is non ferrous)?

Back
Top Bottom