Are these bottles worth anything?

Paper

Elite Member
I came across a bunch of bottles and jars for free so I want to ask you all if I have anything. My grand plan is to put them on Craigslist... what would you price them at? Worth $20?

Group shot and then a few batches of random ones. If any stand out from the group shot I would be happy to go get more individual pictures.

35aogtt.jpg

1z3ml8n.jpg

ydiea.jpg

2rpsfh2.jpg

292v69t.jpg

2nd photograph down 2nd bottle form the left looks to have a 'seal' stamped on it?

This is a bottle seal, although it came off a 1600's known demolished Tudor house site it was not possible to ID or date it.

Last edited:
2nd photograph down 2nd bottle form the left looks to have a 'seal' stamped on it?

This is a bottle seal, although it came off a 1600's known demolished Tudor house site it was not possible to ID or date it.

Looks to be blank; maybe it was a wax seal? A few of the bottles have price stickers on them so the good ones are probably gone... very few have any writing.

2vjwg8w.jpg

2h66pw3.jpg

All you need is for the right person to come along. Last garage sale we had was a large neighborhood deal. I had dozens of embossed cork medicines for sale at 50c, even hundered-plus yo generic Bitters bottles that I couldn’t sell for a buck ea.

Not to mention colored glass insulators that I couldn’t give away...:lol:

I think everything is worth something to someone. I've found things that were broken and covered with river scum. Put it on ebay, made a hundred dollars. I'd say put them online and see what happens. Lot's of people collect bottles.

I know that bottles have to be really old to be worth anything, people like them but dont want to pay. The glass stopper may bring some $ but I wouldnt use craigslist, I would piece them out on ebay. Bottles w/o embossing are hard to date. My thoughts, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom