• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Brass testing

+1 show us your find I I'm pretty good at identifying brass... just ask Imalookin :lol:

That is just the reason said show us and we can help..I remember you broke a few hearts.... brass is not really that hard to ID.. specially old brass. Plus if you rub it it has a odor.

That is just the reason said show us and we can help..I remember you broke a few hearts.... brass is not really that hard to ID.. specially old brass. Plus if you rub it it has a odor.

Yes it does have an odor and a acid test is worthless because it will hold with 10 k acid

I had a hunter friend In VB send me a picture a month ago of a ring his buddy had found. His friend had just got a Nox and was going crazy he had found a 18k chunker. As soon as I seen the picture I sent "T" a note and said looks fake. He kind of said no way but said I will tell my friend. A few days later he found out it was brass.. But like Felix who can squeeze the most out of his finds.. I was told the guy sold the ring for 300.oo. I told "T" ..someone is going to be upset when they find out it's not real.. He said the guy that bought it knew!

Last edited:
That's a lot of work man, just put a drop of acid right on the ring. Nothing to loose, if it's gold the acid won't do anything to the ring, if it does it was junk anyway...
Well if you're afraid of the math :fear: there are apps out there that you can just plug in the weight values and it figures it out for you! :laughing:

I am going to get back to it soon as I find something good. Bleak here right now. Went today and no targets in the water. One silver band in the dry. Not worth the effort.

Who is Imalookin ?
I am famous like Elvis but still alive. I am I AM Lookin. Still Lookin. Never stopped Lookin. My finds are small but exciting to me. I did find a gold ring, maybe two. Good to meet you.

U remember this? heheheee, my early days. Love to you brother. Happy hunting and many more of your great finds!! This post is a blast from the past. My finds were from north of Jacksonville Fl and I enjoyed the finds. Love to see our posts. You are the bomb!

Back
Top Bottom