11 Gold coins and nuggets *updated* with clean up pics

:wow2: Totally amazing! :woot: It's finds like this that keep us going. :mder:

BTW ... why did you name yourself TrashMaster, shouldn't you be something like GoldCoin&NuggetMaster? :?: :lol:

BTW ... why did you name yourself TrashMaster, shouldn't you be something like GoldCoin&NuggetMaster? :?: [emoji38]
He mmm mastered the trash them moved on to the gold.....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

BTW ... why did you name yourself TrashMaster, shouldn't you be something like GoldCoin&NuggetMaster? :?: :lol:

My buddy always called my F75 a TrashMaster. I sold that hunk of junk and bought a Deus. 3 months with the Deus has matched my finds in over a year with the 75. Anyways, I mastered trash finding. Maybe I’ll change my name next year to “Blondie!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big congrats, that right there is what we all dream of! It's out there, we just have to find it.

Pretty amazing that not a single silver coin was in the mix, but who needs pesky silver when your digging gold :D

I just found my first gold coin earlier this month, so I somewhat know the feeling you had, but not quite to that magnitude: https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254668

Congrats again, that's just incredible :shock:

FIRST off, I have NO WORDS for this. Just mind-bogglingly incredible! Highest congratualtions, TrashMaster.

Now, just to comment on your post, Cal_Cobra...

As for the no silver coins included thing...

As I understand it, prospectors would often take their finds to the nearest U.S. mint, back in the day. The mint would weigh the gold, and then pay the prospector in -- yep, gold coin. So, finding a "pouch" of sorts with both gold nuggets/flakes/dust, and gold coins, makes sense to me -- as does the lack of silver coins...

Steve

FIRST off, I have NO WORDS for this. Just mind-bogglingly incredible! Highest congratualtions, TrashMaster.

Now, just to comment on your post, Cal_Cobra...

As for the no silver coins included thing...

As I understand it, prospectors would often take their finds to the nearest U.S. mint, back in the day. The mint would weigh the gold, and then pay the prospector in -- yep, gold coin. So, finding a "pouch" of sorts with both gold nuggets/flakes/dust, and gold coins, makes sense to me -- as does the lack of silver coins...

Steve

You’re dead on Steve.

This find, TrashMaster, is an amazing piece of history -- a little "time machine" into something that I have "read about," but that your find makes real, in a concrete, tangible way.

MOST awesome!

Steve

I will have to say that this is THE most amazing coin find I have ever seen on this forum in 7+ years since I have been a member!
Huge congratulations on your discovery:shock:

This is what it's all about. They don't get much better than this!
Congrats & Merry Christmas to you.
Santa was certainly good to you this year.

I'd happily trade every copper this east coaster ever has or ever will dig for just one of those beauties!

Every region has its advantages, make the most of yours!

I'd happily trade every copper this east coaster ever has or ever will dig for just one of those beauties!

Every region has its advantages, make the most of yours!

I spent the last year jealous of all your coins. But like you said every area has advantages and a gold coin advantage is probably the best to have.

Hey! My Wife has that exact same set of little porcelain sculptures!

:shemademe: What are the odds of that? Incredible! :lol:

Really though, what can a guy say? Thats such a dream find...no words seem adequate to congratulate you ..Nice write up and pics about the experience, so a big thank you for sharing this with us!

Hah! Now u just need to make her the dovetail walnut box they are on and we can be twins. Sometimes it is tempting to put something weird in the background to mess with people. [emoji23]

What an incredible cache!!:shock: If I found something like this I don't know if I'd post it on a public forum. I'd be afraid the tax guy might catch up with me:lol:

I thought about that. But they aren’t key date coins and it isn’t a hoard. You would be surprised how little they are actually worth compared to what I thought initially. Dug coins=XF most of the time anyways...

I thought about that. But they aren’t key date coins and it isn’t a hoard. You would be surprised how little they are actually worth compared to what I thought initially. Dug coins=XF most of the time anyways...

Not only that but ANYTHING you post they have to prove. IMPOSSIBLE. I will post all my finds. It is all hearsay anyway. I could say I found a half million dollar ring and post a picture of one. Nobody can come to my door with a search warrant or have ANY probable cause to make me claim it because they would first have to prove that I actually had it.

People are paranoid. Plain and simple. Tax man or cop comes to your door. DON'T TALK PERIOD. Like the 11 grand I found this year. Sure I told everyone. But it is all hearsay. Who saw it? Even if I posted 11 grand in bills, I could have had it.

I will show all my finds. I could care less. Know the law and know their limitations.

Back
Top Bottom