1912 Barber Quater

TNTGross

Elite Member
Went out to the 3-acre wood again yesterday. Targets are getting fewer and further between. Thought I was going to have a great hunt... I had only begun to swing the Nox when I got the quarter but that was pretty much it out of a two-hour hunt. I did get a few shotgun shell ends and a brass casing. Even still, I had a nice time and love the Barber.

Attachments

• 6-14-19 1912 Barber Quater 01.jpg
    6-14-19 1912 Barber Quater 01.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 503
  • 6-14-19 1912 Barber Quater 02.jpg
    6-14-19 1912 Barber Quater 02.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 502
Beautifu, 1912 is when my home state became a state.
I would wear that sucker on my neck!

Nice find. That would be a highlight of a 2 hour hunt for me. Congrats.

HD

Wow I cant believe you arent jumping around!

I was when I found it. And I am still thrilled beyond belief. The thing is... This three-acre wood has given me so much. A Morgan silver dollar, 2 IHP's, a 1724 cut Spanish Real, a Barber dime, and odd little trinkets galore. But I am coming to the realization that my honey hole is about hunted out, and that saddens me.

And I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but when you find an awesome find within the first couple of minutes of a hunt, you get all excited thinking there have to be more great finds in the area and you are just a swing away from finding them. But after two hours of swinging and digging, yet finding nothing of value or interest, it's a bit disappointing. At least for me it is...

But believe me, I am thrilled with the find, still carrying it around, showing it off to friends.

Oh man ,,,I know the feeling. Especially the part about the finds slowing down!

Very nice dig! That's just how it goes, though, isn't it? Right away...Bam! Oh yeah, I'm on 'em today! Hmmm...kinda quiet. Maybe back over here...nope. Over there?...uh-uh. Hmmm...where's all the good stuff? Oh well, at least I got this one! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom