Back surgery.

# 2 backhoe

Haven't had much to say as of late. I just had major back surgery. Fused 3 verteberae along with a laminectomy and the removal of many bone spurs. My question is are there any other Detecorist who have had back surgery and continue to hunt after recovery, at least 4 months. Come spring I will find out for myself.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had a laminectomy in 2001 and it was good until I hurt it again in 07, then it stayed iffy for years. I started seriously hunting in 2014 and it has just improved over time since then with no bad spells. Before that it would go out at least twice a year and keep me house-bound for weeks at a time. So yes, detecting and the walking, bending, kneeling that goes along with it seriously helped my poor dumb back.

2 ruptured disk, one had surgery the other stays as it is. Back feels
better than it has in years. Follow the docs directions, don't lift anything heavy or take up jogging. Go slow and give your body time to heal. It may take a while but in the end it's worth. Good luck.

Hope you feel better soon. Listen to the doctor's.. I had knee surgery in March and didn't listen and rushed back to full duty and now I'm paying the price.

That surgery puts tremendous pressure on the discs above and below the repair!!! Be very afraid and maybe you will take it very easy and very careful. Best of luck.

Been through the same thing pretty much. Fusions after being rear ended at a stoplight. I'm doing okay now, but please run away from opiate pain meds. They helped some with the pain but I had a heck of a time getting off of them. Never did get a high from them, but the withdrawals were the worst thing I've ever been through. Finally on Buprenorphine that is much better than the opiates.

Opiates, just say no. Good luck on your healing.

I had back surgery around 90/91. No fusion. Just removed the affected disc. Took me a while to recover but I do just fine.

Do your pt. Do Not Hurt yourself as I made myself so sore that I had to quit for while. The old saying "No Pain No Gain" Is pure bovine feces.

I detect a couple times a week for a few hours. Put in five hours at the beach today

6 Back Surgeries

Haven't had much to say as of late. I just had major back surgery. Fused 3 verteberae along with a laminectomy and the removal of many bone spurs. My question is are there any other Detecorist who have had back surgery and continue to hunt after recovery, at least 4 months. Come spring I will find out for myself.

I feel your pain , It will get batter,
I have so much to talk about concerning this matter
that I would rather talk on the phone.
call me if you have any questions
dennis

I had a laminectomy in 1985 after an accident and a discectomy two years ago. I feel better now than I have in a long time. I think the disc was bothering me for years before it finally went really bad.

It took a full year after my discectomy to feel like I fully recovered. It takes time, but you'll get there.

Georgein SC said it but it bares repeating. DO YOUR PT. It worked miracles for me. Best of luck, I know it all sucks but you'll be back at it.

Good luck with ur recovery ive had 2 major back surgeries my last one was dec21st 2016 and im out detecting pain free pretty much dont rush it to get back out your body will let you when you can get back to detecting if u have any other questions feel free to message me good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had spinal fusion over 20 years ago with a stainless steel bracket wired in to keep it all in place, bracket since removed after surgery.

You/me need to give it time to heal, I guess no two patients heal at the same rate.

I was 12 months before I felt confident to go out in the fields on my own.

I hunt at least 3 times a week and no more than 3 to 4 hours which for my age is just about my limit.

Best of luck to you. I may be heading towards surgery myself but am trying to avoid it. PT didn't help me at first but I had another major ailment going on so I probably didn't give it the proper effort. I tried Acupuncture 2 years ago when I was working in MI and that worked wonders. I was pain free for a couple months after I stopped and I stopped because it was expensive and insurance didn't cover it. Once I retired and came back to PA my new doc would not prescribe Opioids which honestly helped me more than anything. So after being on them daily for 4 years he cut me off cold turkey. Well I had ZERO withdrawal symptoms just more back pain. No desire to go back to them because thy have no therapeutic effect. His thing was steroid injections which were like torture and did not help at all so after a couple months I fired him. I found another Acupuncturist but she practiced a different form of Acupuncture than the one in MI and unfortunately it did not help at all. Now I have re-focused on the PT since my other ailment is more or less under control and it seems to be helping! So do those exercises!

Sorry to hear about your surgery! Hope it's not too long before you can get back to detecting. I will pray for a nice recovery.

I had L4/5 Fusion on August 2, 2016. I did not over do it during recovery. I have less pain than anytime in last 6 years! Glad I had it done. GL with your recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have a positive attitude towards my outcome. Great Surgeon did a great job, a little over 8 hour surgery. The rest is up to me, I will be back at it by Spring, untill then I will dig with each and everyone of you. Now let's go find the GOODS.

Back
Top Bottom