Here it is folks - minelab Vanquish

I got caught up in all the hype, thought we might have minelabs new improved replacement for the good ole eTrac, oh well, love my eTrac, guess ill stick with it for now.

Well, you dealers can hype it to death for the next 4 months, since it won't be available until 2020. Sorry, I'm just not the type of person who keeps buying the same item with the hope it will be better than the last one I bought. I don't need any of these machines and not many other detectorists will need them either.

Well, the majority of people seem to think the equinox basically is better than etrac and 3030 at less than half the price..So that's the first shot in the foot I guess on minelabs part if it's true..I mean who would want a etrac or 3030 when a equinox is better and so much cheaper?
So if the vanquish reports to be as good as the equinox, no brainer, who needs to overpay for a equinox when the vanquish will be just as good? Both use the same multi freak technology from what I gather, the rest would be personal preference options

this seems to be f**ked,as from a marketing perspective makes little sense,HOWEVER,it "may" prove to be "factual",because as you pointed out,it is
true that "most" feel that way!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I bought the nox, price was good (kinda high for me) I’d never compare it to an etrac or ctx. I’ll go toe to toe with an at pro and so far have come out on top. Big difference in my version and yours though. Even minelab isn’t comparing vanquish to nox, only saying they both have multi iq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upon reflection,woudn't it be ironic if the vanquish proves to be every bit as good as an "equinox" in finds consistency!..really,"smart money" says "hold off" with the equinox purchase, unless,and until we get 'solid" results from the field on the vanquish!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

It is not a matter of newbies having a wide choice of entry level detectors available. It is totally about competition in the technology industry. Yes our detectors are technological products. They are now all based on computer chips.

Our detector may start or probably has started to follow Moores law which states: Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles about every two years. ... Moore's law is an observation and projection of a historical trend and not a physical or natural law.

This law tends to allow for more technological power in our detectors while keeping the same price point of the previous model or even having the price decrease a little compared to the previous model or competing detector.

This law was postulated by Gordon Moore one of the founders of Intel.

Intel also adopted the policy of obsoleting their own product with new models (eg Pentiuim this and Pentium that) to prevent the competition from stealing Intel customers and it basically works. Apple successfully adopted this policy with Apple this and Apple that models every year or so. As of June 2019 Apple's world share of smart phones was over 50%.

Intel's world market in PC chips share as of June 2019 is 76.9% and their closest competitor AMD is 23.1%.

So for those two companies making your own products quickly obsolete by your own new products is working.

This strategy also develops very loyal customers who seem to be willing to stick with these companies because of the continuing improvement in features while the price stays close to the same. This can also increase their sales of their top of the line products due to this customer loyalty. But they have to keep increasing the technology in the top of the line products. Is Minelab now doing this with the CTX 3030?

Maybe Minelab has decided this is their new business model. So what if they reduce thier Nox 600 sales some but gain a larger number of new customers that would have traditionally gone to Garrett or First Texas Products. If you play this game successfully you will see a lot of the weaker competitors close their doors.

One poster is exactly correct. The market will determine if this strategy is successful over time. As with the Equinox series, the Minelab Vanquish models will be sold and people will use them and post their results on this forum.

I figure most of them will be newbies to the hobby and won't have the experience that the buyers of the 600 and 800 had and the more critical evaluations like we found on the 800 will be lacking on metal detecting forums.

I also suspect the Minelab dealers will welcome this opportunity to finally have three new entry level models to sell due to the increase newbie market awareness that Minelab will produce with their successful marketing strategy.

I know that the Ace line was a great line of metal detectors. But it was released 15 years ago. Consider a newbie reading these forums and figuring this out. Then comparing features of new technology (simultaneous multi-frequency) with 15 year old technology. I think the days of staying with 15 year old models of detectors in your sales line up are long gone.

I think the marketing cycle of new detectors has been and will continue to be accelerated. It will be up to Garrett and First Texas to respond to this new reality that Minelab has introduced to the market.

in MY view, one important aspect HAS to be mentioned here!..there is a "certain segment" that is looking at "overall value" and the vanquish may very well provide that value at a low price point.it possibly could emerge as a "sleeper" in minielab's lineup, in that it COULD provide "similar" performance, when compared to the equinox.IF this should develop, then POW!' sales will take off,BOTH to veteran hunters,AND newbies!..a definite 'win-win" scenario. point is, the vanquish may prove to be a "top shelf" performer at a great price which equals "true value to both experienced, and not as experienced hunters!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

if it turns out to be 'killer" like the equinox.then it will sell itself!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I'm a dealer who will step in this one. If it runs smooth and detects deep on wet salt sand and shallow water this will be a hit in my market.

I have a lot of folks who just want to hunt the wet sand and this will be the first entry level that could do it.

Who in their right mind would use a metal detector in shallow water that wasn't waterproof? That's an accident just waiting to happen. No way would I ever use a metal detector near water if it wasn't waterproof.

Who in their right mind would use a metal detector in shallow water that wasn't waterproof? That's an accident just waiting to happen. No way would I ever use a metal detector near water if it wasn't waterproof.

I have to agree with that. I hunt rivers and small creeks and just wade in water about 5 to 12" deep. Many times I have laid my 800 on a rock to dig and it has slipped in the water. No big deal, but yes if it was not water proof. The Murphy's law and the law of gravity will have your non-water proof detector in the water sometime.

That is the biggest issue I see. It will be sold as a beach machine and the entry level buyer will be without a detector after getting caught in the first rain storm or heavy salt spray not to mention cleanup after a long day in the sand. Sand finds it’s way into everything that is not sealed. It will probably be a great first machine for the new dirt digger but it won’t be sold that way.

At first I was not a big fan of the red color but it grew on me the last few times I looked at it..I think Minelab is headed in the right direction and I’d buy that machine when it’s released,what is considered entry level today was high midrange level 5 years ago,so I don’t think performance is gonna be a issue with this new vanquish

Personally I like to see companies move forward and actually produce something. At least they are not stagnant and relying on past success to see them through like a company or two I could mention.

At first I was not a big fan of the red color but it grew on me the last few times I looked at it..I think Minelab is headed in the right direction and I’d buy that machine when it’s released,what is considered entry level today was high midrange level 5 years ago,so I don’t think performance is gonna be a issue with this new vanquish

Yeah, not a fan of colors, but hey the Ace series is yellow.

Nobody ever goes in or near the water with something valuable that might get dropped. People aren't that dumb! Or, at least, not that optimistic about their chances.

Oh.....wait.....nevermind.

Ok, one thing I don't like about the Vanquish. It uses the squashed 40 segment TID like the Equinox. That is my biggest complaint about the Nox 800.

I think the Simplex+ will spank the Vanquish on the upper end of the series.

We will have to wait and see like we did with the Equinox when it was released to tons of hype.

Other than the squashed TID range, the Equinox is solid detector.

update on my Vanquish.

Bought the simplex did not like the differences in tones and TILD compared to my Equinox 800. Not a bad machine, just to difficult to learn and hunt with two different systems. Sold it.

Bought the 540 and found it ok, but nothing outstanding for the price. Sold it.

Bought the 400 since it was cheaper and only use it to let some friends and relatives use it to hunt with me. Very good for that purpose. Won't risk my 800 in stranger's hands.

Easy to show them how to use it since tones and TID are like the 800.
Not a bad starter machine.

update:

Bought the 540, l later sold it to buy something else.
later bought the 440 as a backup, travel. Use it mainly to hunt volley ball courts in Atlanta as I run errands to different parts of the count.

The 440 is more than adequate for hunting volley ball courts.

Back
Top Bottom