Diving is Over for the Year

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well I ended the year with 6 gold rings I could keep, a few I found for folks and I would say I averaged about 3 dives per day.

I recovered more phones and glasses than anything but I did have a few strange requests. I recovered a pistol and holster from a CPL holder that went into the lake off his boat. A few wallets, boat parts and sets of keys.

I did end up buying a new house this year closer to the lake and my boats. I also bought a new Ram and had it decked out for fun.

It was a wonderful year and I am living my dream.

Follow your dreams folks. Rome wasn't built in a day. Every year I get more and more folks calling me to help them. Enjoy your life and the hobby. You only live once.

Glad your living the dream ! The truck is sick...I like the emergency cop light on the roof , way cool !

Nice seeing you back here Robert! Stay safe!

Awesome seeing you post here an update on your adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTG Scuba, nice rig, glad you have the dive flag on the tailgate educating people! Like the state cop light on top too. Would love to see a recovery video with lights blazing! To the rescue!! haha

WTG Scuba, nice rig, glad you have the dive flag on the tailgate educating people! Like the state cop light on top too. Would love to see a recovery video with lights blazing! To the rescue!! haha

Light? LOL that would be illegal. I called the state police. They said as long as it wasn't a light it is legal. I called the place the state police gets them from. They said they had an agreement with the state police and could not sell me one. BUT, they gave me the number of the company that makes them in Illinois. They sold it to me with no problem. It is empty except for a stuffed toy octopus. Totally legal. A lot of folks on the freeway don't like it!

Hot diggity, Scuba!

That truck is more than "tricked out" if it's got a giant rotating red light on top. That's AWESOME.

Reminds me of the recovery vehicle I used to drive on a hot-air balloon crew. Pretty fun stuff.

Do you turn on the light, when you get to the parking lots, so people know you're there? LOL And that color blue is just awesome. Beauty of a vehicle!

I drive too many mountain trails to be able to keep a paint job that shiny. Idaho Pinstriping, we call it. :laughing::laughing:

Congrats on turning a hobby into a lucrative business. At $100 a recovery (plus some, I guess), ~3 a day you're doing very well for yourself! While I've had more than a few $300+ days, I can't ever say I've "averaged" that.

Awesome!

Skippy

Light? LOL that would be illegal. I called the state police. They said as long as it wasn't a light it is legal. I called the place the state police gets them from. They said they had an agreement with the state police and could not sell me one. BUT, they gave me the number of the company that makes them in Illinois. They sold it to me with no problem. It is empty except for a stuffed toy octopus. Totally legal. A lot of folks on the freeway don't like it!

Oh my goodness. That's odd that they consider it illegal. Ah well. At least you have a stuff octopus inside. LOL

I can see Blue lights being illegal, but red? Can't say that I think that'd be a problem. Rulz is rulz, though...

Back
Top Bottom