one cent

hunter1

Elite Member
Went out to my local park to play with the Nox 600. I ran in park 1 and found a 1970 memorial Lincoln. It was about 5" down. Still learning the Nox. This coming weekend I'm hitting the beach, my favorite place to hunt for two days. Still fun.

Went out to my local park to play with the Nox 600. I ran in park 1 and found a 1970 memorial Lincoln. It was about 5" down. Still learning the Nox. This coming weekend I'm hitting the beach, my favorite place to hunt for two days. Still fun.
I love finding any coin [emoji4]Good luck at the beach!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Well i would prefer to not find Felix Pennies. They take up too much of my limited energy level to dig. I dug 27 of those rascals Thursday at the beach. Nothing to compare with Felix's digs but most of them are worthless energy wasters.

Hey, I say congrats on getting any coin, I have had coinless hunts before and have learned to appreciate hunts I've had with even just 2 or 3 pennies ! :D

Hunter1 congrats on the coin. Personally I love finding any coin. The day you get tired of finding pennies is the day to move on to another hobby IMHO

I find a penny or two every time I've gone out so far and am happy about it. Better than a pull tab!. All you guys that hate pennies feel free to send them my way I'll be happy to take them off your hands! :D

I'll take a penny over a pull tab, can slaw or nail any day. Congrats on your Lincoln and good luck at the beach.

Ken

I'll take a penny over a pull tab, can slaw or nail any day. Congrats on your Lincoln and good luck at the beach.

Ken

+1 .....I had an all-trash hunt today, so even one penny would have been very welcome :laughing:

(I did get this one object that seems like a heavy small rock, but I'll have to look at it magnified later to see if it's really just a rock shaped hunk of metal)

I agree with those above about digging the pennies.

I dig the zincolns currently for a couple of reasons and I'll provide as an example the public park I go to when I have only a couple hours to TH. I dig the pennies to 1) practice my pinpointing, recovery skills and to learn the ins and out of the metal detector better (BH Quick Draw Pro). I usually recover ~ 70% of my coins without digging a hole, a technique where I use a sturdy knife as a probe to locate the coins, make a small slit and pop them out (I learned this method when I used to TH with my parents in the 70/80s when there were no handheld pinpointers). It saves a lot of time over digging holes and saves the grass when the ground is dry. By practicing these TH techniques in a public park, when I go to private property I know how to leave as small as possible a trace of digging. The second reason for digging pennies is because most days I don’t find anything interesting except for them (and clad coins). I still consider myself a newbie and while I would love to find silver, wheats and older coins every outing, some days just beating the current month's record for the quantity in a day of clad is enough to keep me coming back for more detecting the next time. As was wisely said before, this is a hobby and if you don’t find ways to make it fun, you will likely leave the hobby. In this particular park that I was told was “hunted out” I am averaging about 40 coins each outing in a couple of hours of hunting. I have pulled 500 coins out of that park in 3 months, including a mercury dime and wheat penny. That is the great thing about this hobby: you never know what you will dig, there always is an opportunity to learn something new, and it is good exercise.

I made my second trip to a spot along the river here today that adjoins a park. I swear people must stand along the fence and throw pennies onto the river bank below. They are everywhere. The Vanquish loves to find pennies. Seems no matter what shape they’re in they ring out like a shot. Curious if you NOX users experience the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom