Orlando Florida

I'm glad you asked. Good man. The rules are quite simple: You send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal). Any other questions ? :?:

not sure their are beaches in Orlando??
Yeah there's Blizzard Beach! Don't know how they'd feel if you walked in with your detector and scoop though. :lol:

Attachments

• Disney-Blizzard-Beach-Entrance.jpg
    Disney-Blizzard-Beach-Entrance.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 341
Florida beaches belong to the people according to the Florida Supreme Court. You can detect from the foot of the dunes to out into the water UNLESS...

State Park: Ask the Ranger.

Federal Parks: Don't even think of detecting inside a Federal park, beach or no beach :)

Hope that helps.

Now if you happen to find a lake type area inland that you'd like to try be prepared to be bitten by a hidden alligator who will likely then drag you under water, rip off a limb or two if you're lucky (you might escape) or simply just drown you then stuff you under a submerged tree with the intent of feasting on you for days to come. Seriously, stay out of the lakes.

Head over to the beach straight East or West on I-4 and go get some goodies!

Last edited:
.... State Park: Ask the Ranger.....

Kapi, I'm assuming that lots of beaches there are administered by the state, right ? Ie.: State park beaches, right ? So you didn't mean to go asking each ranger at each one of those beaches: "Can I ?", right ? Instead I'm assuming you meant the inland state parks (eg.: campgrounds, ball diamonds, etc... , right ?).

And let's just say that's what you meant, then : What would the ranger base his answer on ? He'd base it on the actual rules, right ? Ie.: If there were a rule that said "no md'ing", then he'd answer "no". Right ? Ok then, why can't the md'rs simply look up the rules for themselves ? And if there were nothing there that said "no md'ing", then presto, it's not disallowed . Right ?

Because if legions of md'rs show up perpetually asking all sorts of rank & file "can I ?", I can only imagine that it's just a matter of time before this "pressing issue" makes it's way onto a FL state park's staff archie's desk for consideration. And then presto: A new rule is born. :roll:

Drive on over to Cocoa

Better yet, program in Canaveral beach. 15 bucks all day or 12 if you are a vet, and less yet if you are active. Long flat beach, no rocks, or many shells. Just hard packed sand. You will pay for the parking with finds and a fun time for the family. if there is seaweed on the beach, check it out for sun glasses

Kapi, I'm assuming that lots of beaches there are administered by the state, right ? Ie.: State park beaches, right ? So you didn't mean to go asking each ranger at each one of those beaches: "Can I ?", right ? Instead I'm assuming you meant the inland state parks (eg.: campgrounds, ball diamonds, etc... , right ?).

And let's just say that's what you meant, then : What would the ranger base his answer on ? He'd base it on the actual rules, right ? Ie.: If there were a rule that said "no md'ing", then he'd answer "no". Right ? Ok then, why can't the md'rs simply look up the rules for themselves ? And if there were nothing there that said "no md'ing", then presto, it's not disallowed . Right ?

Because if legions of md'rs show up perpetually asking all sorts of rank & file "can I ?", I can only imagine that it's just a matter of time before this "pressing issue" makes it's way onto a FL state park's staff archie's desk for consideration. And then presto: A new rule is born. :roll:

From the Florida State Park website:

Floridastateparks.org

The use of metal detectors is allowed in certain designated areas in Florida State Parks. Metal detectors may be used at coastal parks between the waterline and toe of the dune, as determined by the Park Manager, except at archaeological sites within the zone. Metal detectors may also be used during authorized archaeological research projects, and to recover lost personal items, with supervision of a park staff member. Please check with the park of your choice for special details and arrangements.

The problem we are finding here is the Florida Park Rangers think they can ban detecting AND HAVE for ANY reason simply from the line that states "As determined by the Park Manager." , when in fact that line is supposed to be in regards to ONLY if there's an archaeological site there. And even here we have a problem of what exactly is an archaeological site? According to the head of the Florida State park systems this would refer to an ONGOING Archaeological dig.

However, some of the Park Rangers still think that if a ship wreck or artifact was uncovered even years ago on the beach but has long since been removed, reburied, lost etc that they can ban detecting. Heck I've heard (From a Florida Park Ranger) that I can't detect at their park because turtles nest there, because birds nest there, because you can't take anything from a State Park (leave nothing, take nothing), and even because we simply don't like metal detectors on the beach (no given reason)

So what can you do? You can go to the head of the Florida State Parks and ask him to inform his or her Rangers of their own law. I've actually done this and was successful in getting detecting allowed at a beach near me.

What some of the State Park Rangers don't understand is the huge asset people that metal detecting are to any beach. The amount of trash we remove is incredible. (I've sent them photos) The amount of dangerous items on the beach we remove is incredible. (I've sent them photos)

The odds of a person being harmed by a broken bottle (we find them when the metal cap is still attached), a fish hook, a rusty nail, an open fisherman's lost fillet knife, etc is HUGE at a State park that does not allow metal detecting simply because people that detect are not there removing it safely and it's been left to accumulate over 100's of years. Sure that beach looks like it's nice white safe sand but underneath is a horror story waiting to happen.

Anyway, for the posters question... it's best to just call the State Park you want to go to and ask what the rules are.

Attachments

• Trash and bottles.jpg
    Trash and bottles.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 257
Back
Top Bottom