Thanks for letting me join.

Kel

I started in the mid 1980's and bought and still own a Garret ADS III. I took some time off and a few years ago decided to get back to it. I also own a Fisher F2, a Delta 4000, and this year a Simplex+.

I started in the mid 1980's and bought and still own a Garret ADS III. I took some time off and a few years ago decided to get back to it. I also own a Fisher F2, a Delta 4000, and this year a Simplex+.

Welcome from central coast CA. I had the ADS II in those years (which was very similar to the ADS III). Those were Garret's answer to the Whites 6000D. And to be honest with you, the 6000D's of that era spanked the Garrets. Oh well, live & learn :roll:

The dealer, sold both the Garret and the Whites. He talked me into the ADS because it was a VLF and didn't require the constant fast swinging.. LOL. I did put some miles on it though.

Welcome from San Jose, CA! I got my first detector in 1975. Garrett was kind of the new kid on the block (expensive too if I remember correctly). I'd say they've done pretty well for themselves 45 years later!

The dealer, sold both the Garret and the Whites. He talked me into the ADS because it was a VLF and didn't require the constant fast swinging.. LOL. I did put some miles on it though.

Yes, Garrett slowed down the swing speed. But whites was still deeper, and they were both still motion machines.

Back
Top Bottom