freshwater beach settings?

davemercier

Hi everyone, i'm new to this lifestyle and i'm just about to try my hand at some freshwater beach detecting on Lake Michigan around Racine Wisconsin. I have a Garrett ace 400 with the stock coil. I'm hoping to get some advice on which settings might be best for jewelry or coins. Thanks very much for any help!

Hi everyone, i'm new to this lifestyle and i'm just about to try my hand at some freshwater beach detecting on Lake Michigan around Racine Wisconsin. I have a Garrett ace 400 with the stock coil. I'm hoping to get some advice on which settings might be best for jewelry or coins. Thanks very much for any help!

I used to use the Ace 400, But now the grand kids use it. It has found 14 K gold men's ring and a 14K gold necklace. Also silver rings and a silver bracelet. These were found in a park. My suggestion would be to use the jewelry mode this will also get you Coins. You also will Dig little bits of foil, bottle caps, and pull tabs, but this is all part of the hobby. If it becomes to chatty lower the sensitivity some. Also the yellow Box is not waterproof or water resistant. Keep it dry and Best of luck and have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom