Hi from Saratoga New York

Wscheening

Hi. I am new to the forum. I have had a metal detector for a few years but it seems we only go about once a year when we go to the beach. I found a cool bit of treasure this week, and it has peaked my interest even further. Now I want to learn more and do more detecting in my own area. I also want to determine if the necklace that says 18K really is gold. If so, it's a beauty.

Update: I had the necklace checked by 2 places today and even though it says 18K on the clasp, it was deemed a forgery. At best it might have been gold plated but even that is debatable. I'm not really disappointed because it was still fun, and now I don't have to decide whether to part with it. It's going into my treasure finds box. :-)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! If you arent sure if the necklace you have is real gold, bring it into a pawn/jewelers shop. They have the instruments to be able to determine that for you. Or you can post it on here, many hunters here know their stuff, and can spot fake chains from a mile away. Good luck out there!

welcome! Saratoga has some great history, should be some good hunting near you!

Welcome from Washington County. I’ve found this forum is a great place to get info on any aspect of MDing. Almost every topic I searched returned good results. Hopefully it’ll motivate you to get out more often or at least before the ground freezes. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom