Back again this week with something worth posting! Pics now updated!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, KT never gives up! After last week's sorry CRH, KT was back at the bank for 2 boxes today.

Box 1 - 1 pretty 2003 clad Proof!

Box 2 - 3 40%Ag Kens!...67, 68, and 69....:dingding::dingding:

No use giving the total as you just read it! :lol::lol:

Got the pics to prove it, too!

Just keep goin' and never quit, unless the bank runs out of boxes! :laughing::laughing:

NOTE: Look near the end of the thread for better pictures! :D:D

Attachments

• CRH 07 29 2021 3 40% AG Kens.jpg
    CRH 07 29 2021 3 40% AG Kens.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 398
  • CRH 07 29 2021 1 clad 2003S Proof.jpg
    CRH 07 29 2021 1 clad 2003S Proof.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
One day, someone from your banks will log into FMDF and say "Hey, I think I know that guy, isn't he the one that has 2500$ in coins all the time?" :lol:

One day, someone from your banks will log into FMDF and say "Hey, I think I know that guy, isn't he the one that has 2500$ in coins all the time?" :lol:

Royal thanks for your comment, Metal detecto! But if they only look back! Otherwise, hey, is this the guy with $1000 of coins a week? :laughing::laughing:

Congratulations on the neat recoveries! :cool3:

Royal thanks, Wolf-Dog! It was certainly pleasing to pick up those silvers this week! :lol::lol: :kingdances::kingdances:

Well, KT never gives up! After last week's sorry CRH, KT was back at the bank for 2 boxes today.

Box 1 - 1 pretty 2003 clad Proof!

Box 2 - 3 40%Ag Kens!...67, 68, and 69....:dingding::dingding:

No use giving the total as you just read it! :lol::lol:

Got the pics to prove it, too!

Just keep goin' and never quit, unless the bank runs out of boxes! :laughing::laughing:

Congrats on the silver KT!
Boo hiss on the photos! Methinks his royal camera is suffering from presbyopia and or cataracts! :shock:

Congrats on the three 40%ers!

Royal Thanks, JAK! The 1969 looks like it came out of mint roll, and the other two cleaned up nicely! :D

Congrats on the silver KT!
Boo hiss on the photos! Methinks his royal camera is suffering from presbyopia and or cataracts! :shock:

Me thinketh you are correct, TorqueMaster! This camera takes great portraits and outdoors images but may be on its last legs for close up work. A few more crappy pictures like these and KT will issue a Royal Edict for its dismissal! May put it out to pasture and see what else is available.

KingTotsalot Me thinketh you are correct said:
It's nice to see his Highness back in a success mode , congrats ! I have similar issues indoors with my camera but I am thinking in my case it's me . I attribute it to not holding the camera at the correct angle for a good focus ,
improper lighting and the old hands not quite as steady as they used to be .I do wish my camera had a little lighter "trigger pull " when I'm snapping the picture . Sometimes it gets tiring deleting all the failed pictures I took
just trying to get a somewhat decent one . :(

Nice trio there KT!

Royal Thanks, GroundSweeper! KT does like em, too! :lol::lol:

It's nice to see his Highness back in a success mode , congrats ! I have similar issues indoors with my camera but I am thinking in my case it's me . I attribute it to not holding the camera at the correct angle for a good focus ,
improper lighting and the old hands not quite as steady as they used to be .I do wish my camera had a little lighter "trigger pull " when I'm snapping the picture . Sometimes it gets tiring deleting all the failed pictures I took
just trying to get a somewhat decent one . :(

Me thinks ye are correct, likely operator error here in the Castle also. KT has recently taken some decent pictures of fluorescing rocks and minerals with this camera, but it is mounted on a tripod then, and KT uses a flat black background, rather than being hand held and using a white background. KT will do a bit of playing around with the tripod set up to see if He can get some better pics! That might be quicker and cheaper than buying a new camera and having to learn all its ins and outs! :lol::lol:

Royal Thanks, GroundSweeper! KT does like em, too! :lol::lol:

Me thinks ye are correct, likely operator error here in the Castle also. KT has recently taken some decent pictures of fluorescing rocks and minerals with this camera, but it is mounted on a tripod then, and KT uses a flat black background, rather than being hand held and using a white background. KT will do a bit of playing around with the tripod set up to see if He can get some better pics! That might be quicker and cheaper than buying a new camera and having to learn all its ins and outs! :lol::lol:

OK, KT took several pictures of the same coins posted at the start of this thread. And found out a couple of things...1. It is NOT the camera! HA HA
2. Not superlative pictures, but certainly adequate for weekly forum postings.

These were taken with natural light with the camera on a tripod, picture that was best of the 40%ers was using the camera flash. Seems to autofocus much better using the flash. Picture of the proof....took 6 of them with different lighting conditions, camera definitely should not use the autoflash on proofs. Shows the mint mark in reasonable focus but the coin looks a bit unnatural after trying to eliminate some of the glare, but still the coin is in better focus. KT has learned his shaky Royal Hands are fine for outdoor images but for coins, forget it, gonna be using a tripod from here on out!

Here are the pictures:

Attachments

• HPIM3104.jpg
    HPIM3104.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 193
  • HPIM3108.JPG
    HPIM3108.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 204
OK, KT took several pictures of the same coins posted at the start of this thread. And found out a couple of things...1. It is NOT the camera! HA HA
2. Not superlative pictures, but certainly adequate for weekly forum postings.

Ok, great experimentation and great photos KT! Glad to help out with a little good-natured royal ribbing, lol. Proofs are a pain -- I recall trying to get the angle just right so nothing glares in the mirror finish, *and* get the focus to behave...not for the faint of heart. Looks good -- we can see the smudges and scratches in the mirror finish -- definitely worthy of ye royal photo album. :)

Ok, great experimentation and great photos KT! Glad to help out with a little good-natured royal ribbing, lol. Proofs are a pain -- I recall trying to get the angle just right so nothing glares in the mirror finish, *and* get the focus to behave...not for the faint of heart. Looks good -- we can see the smudges and scratches in the mirror finish -- definitely worthy of ye royal photo album. :)

Royal Thanks, TorqueMaster! His Majesty especially likes that the silver 40%ers look silver in the photo! Lol. Yep, everyone knows that no matter how good a proof looks to the naked eye, it will show the pitfalls and problems of having been in circulation! Nicks, dinks, scratches, rubs and all.

I always read your crh threads, it's fun to watch the quest to fill the royal coffers! 3 more saved from a grueling life of being passed from peasant to peasant as payment for bread, potatoes or some such thing.:D

Back
Top Bottom