Best way to find Silver Coins

Michaeltime

Elite Member
Everyone has advice on finding the silver coins still out there in the ground.

Best advice you can get is this. Get out there looking as often as you can and go slow. Most all land for the public has been hit a lot since the 1960s . We are finding what wasn't so easy to find. If you are lucky and don't mind asking people if you can search their yards you want to look as you can guess yourself at yards of homes built in the early days before 1970 for a better chance. I found one silver dime in the driveway finally last year here the house built about 1940 I guess. Learned the neighbor's son had a detector and did their yard yeas ago so probably asked if he could do this yard too.
M6 Mike
So best place somebodys old yard that hasn't been hit before. I want to ask people but I don't like hearing NO. So I been avoiding asking permission to detect yards in town. Running a ad in Craigslist is probably a waste of time. I tired before with no luck and I am currently running one now as of today. But I doubt I will have any luck. If your going to get permission you need to knock and ask and not let it bother you that your going to be told no by probably many.

NO is nothing more than a two letter word and an invitiation to hunt somewhere else. Since I've gotten back into the hobby, I'm 4 1/2 yesses to 1 no. The 1/2 was a lady who's husband said no after we'd hunted part of the yard anyway.

DON'T let the possiblity of a NO keep you from going after that YES. It is so worth it.

I'm all about NETWORKING

ask EVERYONE you know if you can hunt their yard

between friends, family & coworkers I'll probably NEVER have to ask permission from a stranger!

Back
Top Bottom