Strange Ring

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
This read a 29 just like a clad quarter on the Equinox. It doesn't show to have any stamps. The sizing band is something I've never seen before. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 1D4E91DC-EAF6-4053-A11F-1DA15FBB1FAB_1_105_c 2.jpg
    1D4E91DC-EAF6-4053-A11F-1DA15FBB1FAB_1_105_c 2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 339
  • AC3AFB00-E2CA-4DC3-99C1-E4E65E23E1A9_1_105_c.jpg
    AC3AFB00-E2CA-4DC3-99C1-E4E65E23E1A9_1_105_c.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 334
The sizing band is what is sometimes used when someone wants to wear a ring that is too big but doesn't want to or cannot have the ring re-sized.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. A buddy I am helping to get into the hobby found it in his yard yesterday, and I just talked to him on the phone. He said it had a stamp. He called the number 928, but I have him checking again to see if it is a 925 stamp.

Cool luck for a first time tector in his maiden swing time. He was using my Whites M6.

Thanks. A buddy I am helping to get into the hobby found it in his yard yesterday, and I just talked to him on the phone. He said it had a stamp. He called the number 928, but I have him checking again to see if it is a 925 stamp.

Cool luck for a first time tector in his maiden swing time. He was using my Whites M6.
Congrats to your buddy on an early find. Just curious, does he remember if that came in as a 70-72 vdi?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Sometimes those ring sizers are gold but when you blew up picture it looks like its flaking.. too bad.

Sometimes those ring sizers are gold but when you blew up picture it looks like its flaking.. too bad.

I don't thing it is flaking. The gold-like features on the sizer came out of the ground looking clean without any cleaning. I do see what looks like flaking, and that makes logical sense. It's a tiny amount if it is gold.

I don't thing it is flaking. The gold-like features on the sizer came out of the ground looking clean without any cleaning. I do see what looks like flaking, and that makes logical sense. It's a tiny amount if it is gold.

Acid test it then.

Back
Top Bottom