Detecting Finds for 2019 - Silvers Clad Wheaties Jewelry Oddities!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I have a bit of extra time this afternoon so thought I'd post pics of my total finds for 2019. A bit early for some but detecting season is over here in Western MT. This has the been the best year of my three years detecting, and all finds were made with my AT Pro.

The first two pics show my pile of wheat pennies found this year. I was amazed when counting them out that I had found 1,135 wheaties this year! A crazy amount, and it did include a 1914-D, and of the 18 Indian Head cents found this year (not pictured) I did find the super rare 1909-S! My usual ratio of Wheats to Silver is about 5-1, and I did get 221 silver coins, making the ratio about the same as in the past... 5.13 wheats per 1 shiny!

The second group of pics shows all my clad and copper pennies, I will get to tumble cleaning them soon and turn them into nice green currency, which I will then take to the local coin shop and turn into US 90% Silver and perhaps a Gold British Sovereign! It is great to "transmutate" steel and copper into gold and silver! I would estimate I have around $400 in clad found this year.

Attachments

• wheats1.jpg
    wheats1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 381
  • wheats2.jpg
    wheats2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 399
  • clad1.jpg
    clad1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 340
  • clad2.jpg
    clad2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 381
  • penny.jpg
    penny.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 353
silvers and oddities

I am thankful to have found lots of cool oddities, the first two pics show some of the unusual finds for this year!

The following pics show my Silver coins and some of the Sterling medallions. I put each shiny into a 2x2 holder along with date found and basic city/state location. These go into transparent sleeves in a strong 3 ring binder. Fun to look thru on snowy winter days. I did end up with 2 Silver Peace Dollars, 2 Barber Halves, 3 Walkers, and one Big Ben, along with lots of good quarters and dimes. Also found my oldest shiny ever, a 1841 Seated Dime here in Hamilton Montana. Well worn, don't know how it got here as the town was not platted out until the early 1890's.

The last pic is a repeat of my rings and jewelry 2019 finds. Hope all these pics are encouragement and to let all of us know there are TONS OF COINS and GOODIES still waiting to be found. Am blessed to have had some excellent hunts in 2019, thank you for your interest and Happy Hunting to all!

Attachments

• shine4.jpg
    shine4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 299
  • shine3.jpg
    shine3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 325
  • shine2.jpg
    shine2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 308
  • odd2.jpg
    odd2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 317
  • odd1.jpg
    odd1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 366
  • shine5.jpg
    shine5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 288
  • shine6.jpg
    shine6.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 296
  • rings2.jpg
    rings2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 285
Yay! At long last, the thread I've been looking forward to has finally come! :lol: You had an amazing year - congratulations! :woot:

Yay! At long last, the thread I've been looking forward to has finally come! :lol: You had an amazing year - congratulations! :woot:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! I remember your comment from my Rings & Jewelry thread and wanted to get this out, glad you found it!

Another amazing and very impressive year David. I know the hours of commitment needed to put those fantastic kind numbers up. Congrats my friend on one stupendous year. Trapper

Yes Looks like A Great Year!!!!!! CONGRATS and hope next year is even better :)

Mike K "Ohio"

Congrats on getting past the 200 silver and 1000 wheat coin marks for the year. You found some really nice coins, congrats!

Thank you Jam!

Another amazing and very impressive year David. I know the hours of commitment needed to put those fantastic kind numbers up. Congrats my friend on one stupendous year. Trapper

Thank you Trapper, and congrats on your outstanding year too!

Yes Looks like A Great Year!!!!!! CONGRATS and hope next year is even better :)

Mike K "Ohio"

Thanks Mike! I might slack off a bit next year as looking to buy a home in the area, but do hope to get out a fair amount!

Wowzers you killed it! What was your gold count??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wowzers you killed it! What was your gold count??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ugadigger! Gold count was 3 rings, 2 were 10K one was 14K. As you can tell with my ID, I chase the silver, I am sure I probably passed over a couple of gold rings this year...

Holy smokes. That is incredible. Way to go and amazing collection. Keep it rolling into next year!

Back
Top Bottom