Attempt to find ring a total bust

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I went to Michigan today to try to find my brother in law's father's ring that he lost a couple of years ago...

No luck, but on the plus side, we now know definitively that it is NOT in his backyard where he thought it was.

I did find 45 cents...so not a total loss, but I was really hoping to be able to find and return it for him.

Another positive note, their neighbor has an old property down near me(ish) that she lost a sterling silver ring years ago...again, she knows "pretty much" where it was lost (during a game, they saw it fly off) so I can go look for that...and search both of their properties (built in 1900 or so)

My last two attempts in finding rings for people ended up to be busts. Like you said, the rings were not where the people thought they were. I too found some clad coins but searched the whole yard areas with both my Nox 600 and AT PRO with the 8 X 6 " coil. I have recovered 7 gold rings for others so I don't think it was me or my machines.

My last two attempts in finding rings for people ended up to be busts. Like you said, the rings were not where the people thought they were. I too found some clad coins but searched the whole yard areas with both my Nox 600 and AT PRO with the 8 X 6 " coil. I have recovered 7 gold rings for others so I don't think it was me or my machines.

Well, it certainly could be me :) However, I went over the whole area slowly...sensitivity set low...pro zero with iron discrimination set to 20...dug a ton of nails, as I wanted to dig every repeatable signal, just to make sure.

Well, it certainly could be me :) However, I went over the whole area slowly...sensitivity set low...pro zero with iron discrimination set to 20...dug a ton of nails, as I wanted to dig every repeatable signal, just to make sure.

I do a test on one of my gold rings so that I know the signal and reading before I start. I also do a cross on the target and dig all good repeatable signals.

I do a test on one of my gold rings so that I know the signal and reading before I start. I also do a cross on the target and dig all good repeatable signals.

I should have done that...although we didn't have a ring identical to it handy, I could have used my brother in law's ring...that's 18k gold too and roughly the same size

I'm trying to find two rings that people have said they lost. At the times I started looking it was fairly soon after they were lost. One of them I bet I've got 40 hours in looking for it digging every signal and no luck. The other one I've only put in about 15 hours looking for. Both in public areas and I wasn't able to talk to the parties involved to be able to nail down a precise area to look so I'm doing large areas. One of them I have contact info on and the other I don't. But I keep going back as you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats too bad but at least you tried and it's probably still out there. Im on a mission myself to help find my friends moms ring that he lost as a kid many years ago but I still have to get permission to hunt the area.
Keep trying and you'll probably get lucky but like most people said, its never where they thought they lost it.

I think that's the biggest part of it is someone suddenly notices that the ring is gone and assume that they must have just lost it so it has to be right here. Oh well as long as I get a bit of clad I keep trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom