Profind 35 - Thoughts?

Diggerydoo

Ever had a difficult hole where you are trying to dig around tree roots and keep pulling out nail after nail? In this this situation a traditional pinpointer is useless. You think the target may still be there and swing the detector over the hole and still get a signal on detector.

Could this pinpointer be the answer? Has anyone used one and felt like it made their lives easier in heavy iron?

-D

I have one. The iron audio feature is hit or miss on mine. Sometimes it works. Other times not so much. Still prefer my trusty Garrett Carrot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever had a difficult hole where you are trying to dig around tree roots and keep pulling out nail after nail? In this this situation a traditional pinpointer is useless. You think the target may still be there and swing the detector over the hole and still get a signal on detector.

Could this pinpointer be the answer? Has anyone used one and felt like it made their lives easier in heavy iron?

-D

I have one. The iron audio feature is hit or miss on mine. Sometimes it works. Other times not so much. Still prefer my trusty Garrett Carrot!

Good question and good info reply. I been wondering about that myself about that the ML 35.

If you have an older detector and can find a Sunray probe, they are awesome for the situations you mentioned. You can definitely pick out good targets from iron with those since they use the discrimination from your detector. Too bad they don't make them for newer machines.

Agree

If you have an older detector and can find a Sunray probe, they are awesome for the situations you mentioned. You can definitely pick out good targets from iron with those since they use the discrimination from your detector. Too bad they don't make them for newer machines.

Would be nice if a hand held pinpointer could discern say via bluetooth from the Equinox. Not sure if thats even possible.Just thinking out loud. HH Mark

I have a profind 35. The iron feature sounds good in theory but you need to be touching the iron if its small or really close if its large. If I have to touch the nail then I can obviously see what it is. Also I had to send mine back because it cracked where the cap screws on and it was no longer waterproof. They said mine wasn't the first to do that. I will say they replaced it no questions asked and even threw in a cap. The customer service was top notch. What I have started doing is carrying a magnet (silver thing) . It also helps in chasing tiny iron. Wish I had went with the carrot.

Attachments

• 20190304_140928.jpg
    20190304_140928.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
It’s hard to believe that there are $100-$200 detectors with discrimination but not pinpointers. I would be happy with a simple segmented LED and an up down button with maybe 4 levels or something.

0 = allow all
1 = iron discrimated
2 = mids discriminated
3 = only allow high conductors

I am sure it’s harder than it seems, but I’d buy it as long as I could get around 2” - 2.5” on setting 3.

Last edited:
It’s hard to believe that there are $100-$200 detectors with discrimination but not pinpointers. I would be happy with a simple segmented LED and an up down button with maybe 4 levels or something.

0 = allow all
1 = iron discrimated
2 = mids discriminated
3 = only allow high conductors

I am sure it’s harder than it seems, but I’d buy it as long as I could get around 2” - 2.5” on setting 3.

What you’re describing is what SunRay does. It’s like having YOUR detector in a probe. Very handy for sure.

The Garrett ZLynk Propointer AT pairs with the headphones and you can hear both the detector and pointer at the same time.

Cliff

I had the XP MI-6 for a while which is similar I believe. It paired with the Deus and headphones. What I’d really like to see though, is a wireless pinpointer that could pair up with a detector and use its discrimination, similar to a Sunray probe but wireless. That would be outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom