A Britt way out of his comfort zone?

Doug

Elite Member
We have just returned from our yearly vacation out to the US. (Florida)

Thanks to the kindness of a forum member we stay at her house whilst she is away on her vacation.

I have the use of her Excalibur and this time I brought my Equinox out with me from England.

Beach hunting here in the UK, we just wait for the tide to go out and search the wet sand, tides go out a long way.

It is to this end it makes a change for me to actually go into the water and use a detector and be way out of my comfort zone with lack of experience.

Finds, in the water with the Excalibur and wet/dry sand with the Equinox.

I met up with quite a few of the forum members on the beach and also went out for a meal with others.

Thanks for looking.........Doug.

A junk ring find.
vBEiaEf.jpg

mmwMtdi.jpg

MRtdiKt.jpg

A few pennies!

opGEme4.jpg

Car at the bottom, I was convinced it was a Go Pro camera or cell phone from out of the water......:(
90PWRTV.jpg

Wave silver pendant now claimed by Mrs Doug.
TgxPs0T.jpg

England in sight after a very turbulent flight back.
et7dzmE.jpg

Sorry Doug

I just could not make it. I was away for a week, plus I had eye surgery and was not able to drive for another week. Looks like you did well as water novice.

My detecting has been limited the last couple months. As soon as Mike gets back on his feet (6 to 8 weeks) we will be hitting the beaches again.

Gil

Honker!! great work,,,,slim pickings around here right now,,,,,last month was great,,,,this month not starting off so good and lots of sanded in beach right now,,,worked out good for you,,,,GL HH

I couldnt imagine the disappointment from finding finds from the Roman empire to finding junk here from as far back as 1988

Glad you enjoyed your vacation though, that is all that truly matters.

:gunbandanna: How dare you cross the pond to Florida and raid all my pennies! :numchuck: :sissyfight:

Awesome to see you made it over and out into the water Doug! I have yet to do any wading myself and I'm sure it's quite different than what we are used to! That water looks cozy!

That's a few pennies alright! Hahaha. Glad you had a nice time with new experiences, meeting up with folks and found a piece the Mrs. likes [emoji4]

Thank you for your kind comments and views.

The boys & girls who find targets and even more important retrieve those targets whilst neck deep in water earn my absolute respect.

....more so when I seen 2 bull sharks in quite close to the shore line one day whilst we were walking along the local fishing pier........:shock:

I so appreciate having been invited out to eat with you guys.... I know i never shut my mouth..... i dont get out much.:laughing:

As far as digging those targets........ buy yourself a PO-GO stick to practice with .... seems a lot like that some times.:lol:

Them Fl hunters are greedy with leaving any gold out there recently like Tim said. Congrats on the finds thou and hopefully we can dig some sand together next year. Deb can show us what gold looks like.........

We aren't afraid of those sharks....too much! Hope you can make it again next year!

I so appreciate having been invited out to eat with you guys.... I know i never shut my mouth..... i dont get out much.:laughing:

As far as digging those targets........ buy yourself a PO-GO stick to practice with .... seems a lot like that some times.:lol:

Them Fl hunters are greedy with leaving any gold out there recently like Tim said. Congrats on the finds thou and hopefully we can dig some sand together next year. Deb can show us what gold looks like.........

Good to catch up with you Dew.

I'm more than happy with the finds that you Florida guys & gals very kindly left for me.

Searching in the water really can test my skills or lack of them and I do respect

those of you who do it on a day to day basis.

siesta beach

hey doug glad you were able to pick up some loot and misc. enjoyed hunting with you while in siesta will have to do it again next year

Back
Top Bottom