Simplex vs EQ 800

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I know they are hunting in the dirt and I am not sure if it can be used at the beach but I will post this.. maybe it would be a good dry sand detector.. the price is $299

I was impressed with the video too. I had the Impact and this one is suppose to be even deeper. The Impact was my deepest detector used in parks.

Son of a bee hive now i am gonna have to buy one and learn a new machine again. :mad: I wil say i like the tones better on the equinox.

Not bad

But my F75 in the closet runs at 13 khzs and would have hit that coin at 14 , I might have missed it Craig , was the 800 in multi or single frequency when the test was done ? , I also missed him testing the Deus, that would have hit that at 14 inches , ok test but not complete , good depth however no doubt single freq. Machine what I did like about it water proof to 10 foot , which I will add ALL manufacture's need to make all waterproof Machines to 10 foot, just like this for under 300 , AQ better be water proof to 10 foot or else :pirate: PS The ML Vanquish needs to be tested with this , which is multi frequency , in my book single frequency machines are fading out , multi waterproof to 10 feet are in. This will make the Ace series disappear :shock: Downfall Equinox 3, Vanquish 3, Simplex+ only 2 year warranty .

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Craig. Not sure about the wet sand but it sounds like this may be a good dry sand/freshwater/dirt detector at a bargain price. Not only deep but waterproof to 10 feet and has a vibration mode for us hearing impaired. The biggest problem is trying to explain to the wife why I want another metal detector when I currently have 6 of them and am also interested in the AQ Manta. :roll:

George

Shouldn't be a problem, just put some more jewelry on her , tell her that new machine found you this :laughing: , but I am not married , ask Craig how he gets away with it :lol:

Shouldn't be a problem, just put some more jewelry on her , tell her that new machine found you this :laughing: , but I am not married , ask Craig how he gets away with it :lol:
Well, we do have an anniversary coming up. I suppose I could get it for "her" so that we can hunt together. :roll: :lol:

Its easy... money I make is mine and I spend it when I want if I want...

I'm not like you Earl... I have an MXT and a Excal.. all I need at this point.

You know Earl... "old school" but they out hunt all your fancy new technology :D

It’s a singlefrequency detector and therefore even if it can ground balance out the salt, it will take a big hit on detection depth. No way to get around it - that’s why multifreakers dominate at salt water detecting.

It’s a singlefrequency detector and therefore even if it can ground balance out the salt, it will take a big hit on detection depth. No way to get around it - that’s why multifreakers dominate at salt water detecting.

We know this Rick.. if you read my initial post... I put it up for dry sand hunters which I am not... also there are more and more single frequency albeit not a optimum choice... will work in the wet..

My post was a comment to Compass’ post about it having a beach mode - I should have made that clear.

CFM-Ct reply

Well i have to give you credit Craig thumbs up , sold 2 of my detectors to buddies , one guy is picking up the Euro Tek Pro and the GT - for my other buddy , he bought the Euro Tek he said look don't say anything to my wife when i come over :shock:, im just going to hand you the money, don't want her to know what i paid :laughing:, my other friend said last night on the phone, don't tell my new girlfriend that i bought the GT , devorced his X wife controled him all his life and the money, looks like his new girlfriend is in control to :shock::laughing::laughing:, Compass don't know what to say bro , single here NO boss , plenty cash , i spend it can't take it with me, unless i hook up with the wright one, the Bird get's it :laughing::laughing: Exectris Zeuses :lol: PS Craig she can sure swing ;) and will watch me die one day :(

Attachments

• 20110601_1.jpg
    20110601_1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,953
I'm thinking this is aimed at knocking the ATPro and Ace series down a notch. If I'm not mistaken the Simplex is now the least expensive water proof detector. If they can get them in the big box stores how many considering a first detector are going to want the waterproof. I know that was my biggest consideration when I got the ATPro. I had watched too many Aquachigger videos and thought I'd be hunting mountain streams and rivers, turns out I spend most of my time wandering the park on nice days and really don't need waterproof. I do enjoy hunting river bank gravel bars though and learned long ago not to get anything that cant get wet anywhere near the river. I'm glad I went waterproof otherwise I would have never known I don't like detecting rivers, but I would be a lot gladder if I had done it for $300.

Well i have to give you credit Craig thumbs up , sold 2 of my detectors to buddies , one guy is picking up the Euro Tek Pro and the GT - for my other buddy , he bought the Euro Tek he said look don't say anything to my wife when i come over :shock:, im just going to hand you the money, don't want her to know what i paid :laughing:, my other friend said last night on the phone, don't tell my new girlfriend that i bought the GT , devorced his X wife controled him all his life and the money, looks like his new girlfriend is in control to :shock::laughing::laughing:, Compass don't know what to say bro , single here NO boss , plenty cash , i spend it can't take it with me, unless i hook up with the wright one, the Bird get's it :laughing::laughing: Exectris Zeuses :lol: PS Craig she can sure swing ;) and will watch me die one day :(

Let it out of the cage when you feel like you are leaving... that way it has something to eat :lol:

My Opinion

I don't care for the Turkish made machines' because of the 2 year warranty , most single frequincy machines carry a 5 year warranty , the semi waterproof machines most carry a 3 year , here that AQ :shock:, Minelab is bringing the Vanquish into the market Multi Frequincy 3 year warranty , however depth , performance is the ? , as far as the Garrett Atpro , they don't do good in salt water , just like most- single frequincy machine's, as far as this- company bringing on another new SINGLE frequincy machine :roll:, the only nice thing was the price ,not the warranty , plenty other single frequincy machine's will see a large copper- at 14 , that said the video that i saw was- not complete, my equinox would have saw that in a different- setting , that was a manufacturer sales leed bread video , i could make one myself, add a little editing , i could make that cheap single frequincy machine >look like TOP GUN :yes::D

Craig

Ya he could live another year eating me, what about drink :?::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS come down for a low tide hunt Craig, i have a new mountain climbing bungie to try , ill hook you up with Shogun , today Dogs alowed on the beach :yes::lol: PS If you find gold on my beaches with Shogun bungied to your waist , ill buy you dinner :D No wader's , or clothes pins needed :lol: just bring your dog sled. 4 yourself :shock::D

Attachments

• P1000959.JPG
    P1000959.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,864
Back
Top Bottom